Thread: Quietest screw on silencer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Why do you think that, Did you check them with a sound level meter like Airgunshooter mag did and gave the BSA as quieter because we all hear sound slightly different, so you would need to use a meter otherwise it's just a personal opinion
    No, in fairness i didnt have a sound meter, i just had the ears of two other people listening, whilst i tested both, and we all thought the hw was a little quieter, thats it. But like i said there's not much in it - ive got no loyalty sway to either of them (but the rifles i own are 2 bsa's & one crosman ratty), i dont know about the A.S magazine tests? (i like this mag), but i just trust mine. I take it u have listened to both also? We shot a sub 12ftlbs rifle round out with one on, then screwed on the other, and done this several times, and found the above - I think maplins do a sound meter for about 20 quid, so it would be a good honest test if somebody on here had a decent range of the most common sound mods in their collection, anyone? I hope there is BETTER out there? as we would all benefit... (whilst i was writing this, the guy above posted - good test btw)

(I think maplins do a sound meter for about 20 quid) - SORRY, No they dont , its £50, ive just checked it - eb*y do them starting at around £20, i knew i seen them cheap somewhere...
    Last edited by echo1974; 24-02-2017 at 11:41 PM.