I spent quite a bit of the down time between the six yarders playing with this pistol on Saturday. First impression was it was a bit too plasticky and the twin release catches were too fiddly.
However, you soon get the knack of opening it and it becomes instinctive.
The plastic? Well to be fair it ought to be called polymer, plastic is what airfix kits are made from, this stuff is streets ahead of that and very well engineered to boot. Its what the gun is made from and it does its job, well.
Cocking effort on one stroke I would say is less than the Gamo compact. Two strokes significantly more but not to too difficult. Three strokes requires quite a bit of effort but it's not likely to be a serious problem as I can't envisage a need for repetitive shooting at full power, in pistol HFT you presumably get some breathing space as you change target.
The trigger. Well all that I can say is that once I'd pulled it a couple of times to gauge travel and pressure it didn't then feature in my thoughts for the rest of the day, what more can you say, at this price point it's superb.
There will be an Alecto in my collection, just don't know when.
Did the Webley man get them both back? Only one seemed to keep getting stuck in TargetBunny's inside pocket all day