Thread: Ripley elite from wighill guns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caseball View Post
    just an up date a month in - no fluctuation on accuracy still pellet on pellet at 40 mtrs , definently likes jsb 452's , excellent hunters rifle with the carbine length , had a shot on shot comp with my steyr 110 this week and the groups were just as tight,

with the silencer fitted it has to be one of the quietest guns out there , the largest sound when you fire the gun is the hammer striking and the push back against the bolt.

tried different fill pressures with the chamber being able to take 300psi , but it does prefers a 200 - 215 fill pressure for consistency
    thats good to hear, i phoned up ripley asking whether they new the cylinder capacity which nobody knows on earth. i have worked it out to be 280cc by the way. but anyway, ripley said that it was basically a rubbish gun

i am yet to shoot mine as as soon as i bought it, it decided to rain and be as windy as chicago.

what silencer do you use?

only ask as i use a twink mk2 and its okay but i reacon it could be quieter....

I have seen this rifle in action at our club lovely piece of kit and a very good review.

Well done mate
    Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteebs View Post
    thats good to hear, i phoned up ripley asking whether they new the cylinder capacity which nobody knows on earth. i have worked it out to be 280cc by the way. but anyway, ripley said that it was basically a rubbish gun

i am yet to shoot mine as as soon as i bought it, it decided to rain and be as windy as chicago.

Tom ,

i use the hogun decimater , as in the review

aah okay, the hogan is know where near as quiet as the twink on mine.

i shot my elite today and am please to report it is a pleasure to shoot, i got a very large rabbit, the biggest i've ever shot (heavier than the ripley elite kitted out!) and a crow, not bad at all for using some non tested pellets and a average scope...

i would definately reccommend this gun....

my ripley elite is shooting perfectly. no problems what so ever. would put it up against any other rifle

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteebs View Post

ripley would never rubbish a rifle that had there name on it. sour grapes comes to mind

What is the backup likely to be for spares, maintenance, etc?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

jim hogan is the man with the blueprints for spares so he should be able to make up parts.

servicing should be available from any rfd/gunsmith as its a fairly simple gun.

i shot plenty with it and standing shots are very easy to keep stable (compared to- r-10, s-10, hw97, hw100, whisper x, bam40, discovery, prairie cs) it's a superb rifle
    Last edited by TomSteebs; 06-07-2012 at 08:40 PM.

pictures please !!

do you have any pictures of it , years ago i had a riply ar4 which i thought was a beautifull gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo didely View Post
    do you have any pictures of it , years ago i had a riply ar4 which i thought was a beautifull gun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2hcrM-owmkskip to the end
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_IGxMsHlVU beginning and end

this is the non FT STOCKED ONE, it is a gloss walnut
    Last edited by TomSteebs; 06-07-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Hogan Ripley Rifles

Death is the only certain thing in life, if you're rich enough you can avoid tax.

ripley elite official review

found this today, i can send scanned copies if fee's to cover postage... but you can read from THIS

Last edited by TomSteebs; 10-07-2012 at 08:10 AM.

by the way everyone who is looking for a very light gun with extremely good handling, which is quiet and short aswell as having 100 consistant shots per fill. then look at this. it only weighs 2.8kg

thats about the same as an s200 or bsa scorpion but over twice the shot count