Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW99s Appreciation Society...

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I gotta be fair, I fancy a nickel and black one: http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/23785 Oh yeah baby...
    Oh myyyyy,what have you done.......that is stunning!!
    umarex perfecta .177 ww tuned,spring kit & trigger,bsa 3-9x40 bsa essential ao
    Smk xs19 .177,ww kit,ww trigger,o-ring piston head,Nikko 6x40 PX ao
    Ratworks gamo phox .177,bsa essential wr 3x9x40

I gotta be fair, I fancy a nickel and black one: http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/23785 Oh yeah baby...
    Yep i like these little marvels,got my Black from those above.My UK 99s in .177 is still full power how ever my older .22 version has developed the "Noise" it needs a strip down when i get round to it.
    Also have a .22 carbine with the Venom treatment.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Nice, but that mod is way OTT - a little manders / soundbiter would be plenty
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Arghh!! This isn't helping chaps. I've already got a 99 in .177,with a tinbum kit adjustable butt pad,sling and some camo tape on the barrel which is my go to for the farm permission I share and a SFS Imp which I've used for ratting.

I don't 'need' another air rifle but really have a hankering for another 99 in .22 which will be left scopeless for some plinking fun on open sights. I've changed my mind a dozen times the last few days yes/no/yes etc

Every time I read another post about these things I'm back on wanting one!!!
    Weihrauch HW95K.22 Weihrauch HW97K.177 Weihrauch HW99s.177
    Weihrauch HW99s.22 IMP
    AirArms S400 classic .177

I was very close to getting a 99 - But ended up with a 95.. I love it! so lets all just accept that Weihrauch make a bunch of really great guns, cant go wrong with most of them

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    They are crackers aren't they. I made a hw98-esque shroud for mine. It's all the break barrel you need really.
    hi, do you have any pics of the 99 with the shroud?
    cheers shaun

Find the 99 in .177 not all that a nice rifle even after fitting a v mach kit into a friends he was of the same opinion as me and bought a SFSImp which he loves and for a regular shooter of 77 years he has seen many changes.Me have just tried out the Walther Terrus in .177 which to me gives the 99 a run for its money
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

I can't wait to get my 99s imp from sandwell field sports in the next 2 weeks, it's been a long wait 10 weeks looking on YouTube at si pittaway shooting it looks very impressive. Anyone else got a imp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Nice, but that mod is way OTT - a little manders / soundbiter would be plenty
    Yep, gotta agree. Looks lovely, but would personally prefer a sleeker mod or muzzle weight.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by davidif View Post
    Arghh!! This isn't helping chaps. I've already got a 99 in .177,with a tinbum kit adjustable butt pad,sling and some camo tape on the barrel which is my go to for the farm permission I share and a SFS Imp which I've used for ratting.

I don't 'need' another air rifle but really have a hankering for another 99 in .22 which will be left scopeless for some plinking fun on open sights. I've changed my mind a dozen times the last few days yes/no/yes etc

Every time I read another post about these things I'm back on wanting one!!!
    You can only resist for so long!

Go on, you know you want to..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Joybz View Post
    I was very close to getting a 99 - But ended up with a 95.. I love it! so lets all just accept that Weihrauch make a bunch of really great guns, cant go wrong with most of them
    Absolutely. Love 'em all to bits and would hate to have to try and pick a favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely. Love 'em all to bits and would hate to have to try and pick a favourite.
    The 95 is a nice rifle - but in a sub-12 ft/lb environment, the 99s has to be the winner...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    The 95 is a nice rifle - but in a sub-12 ft/lb environment, the 99s has to be the winner...
    I'd really hate to have to pick one out. Admittedly, in terms of firing cycle out of the box, the 99 would be the winner. And for a "walk about" or barn gun, its even lighter weight and smaller dimensions make it such a handy little thing. And still awesome as a serious longer range gun.

But I love my 95s as well. And my 98. And my 30s, 35s, 55T, 77s, 80s, 97s. I love each and every one of them. Each has its own character and merits.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'd really hate to have to pick one out. Admittedly, in terms of firing cycle out of the box, the 99 would be the winner. And for a "walk about" or barn gun, its even lighter weight and smaller dimensions make it such a handy little thing. And still awesome as a serious longer range gun.

But I love my 95s as well. And my 98. And my 30s, 35s, 55T, 77s, 80s, 97s. I love each and every one of them. Each has its own character and merits.
    HW30s - Awesome little rifle - keeper.
    HW99s - Awesomely awesome - keeper.
    HW35 - The classic. Beautiful lines, possibly the best looking sporter ever. Owned three, .22 Std, .25 Custom Std, .22 LS (thumbhole) - wish I still had a 35.
    HW55 - always wanted one.
    HW77 - Too heavy, wouldn't want another.
    HW77k - Still too heavy.
    HW80 - Possibly the best ever break barrel springer - built to last forever. (My pal's 80 is the most accurate springer that I've ever shot - and it's well over 30 years old). Far too heavy for the UK limit though.
    HW85 - A bit more like it weight-wise.
    HW90 - Pukka Theoben ram - love it - but again, far too big and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    HW30s - Awesome little rifle - keeper.
    HW99s - Awesomely awesome - keeper.
    HW35 - The classic. Beautiful lines, possibly the best looking sporter ever. Owned three, .22 Std, .25 Custom Std, .22 LS (thumbhole) - wish I still had a 35.
    HW55 - always wanted one.
    HW77 - Too heavy, wouldn't want another.
    HW77k - Still too heavy.
    HW80 - Possibly the best ever break barrel springer - built to last forever. (My pal's 80 is the most accurate springer that I've ever shot - and it's well over 30 years old). Far too heavy for the UK limit though.
    HW85 - A bit more like it weight-wise.
    HW90 - Pukka Theoben ram - love it - but again, far too big and heavy.

Know where you're coming from, but the heavier ones are only "too heavy" for certain applications. For certain types of shooting, that extra weight is an advantage.

Damn.....your list has just reminded me that I really did ought to seek an early 85 out at some point (screw-in end block) and a 90, too! The problem is that I have now finally run out of storage space!!