Thread: The new and completely hypothetical BSA pistol wishlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Nothing wrong with mazak - in its place.

If the frame and body are mazak it can cut costs dramatically, whilst allaying fears (well founded or not) that it could be used to fire some kind of live ammunition, and it doesn't really affecting performance negatively.

Things like indexing pawls, trigger bars, CO2 levers and other moving/load bearing parts should be made out of *proper* metals however.
    Hmmm... you may think that, so perhaps I shouldn't comment...

I was hoping for something more along the lines of the airpistols of my youth, like the Webley Senior or even the (underrated IMO) Slavia ZVP. Proper materials.
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    Hmmm... you may think that, so perhaps I shouldn't comment...

I was hoping for something more along the lines of the airpistols of my youth, like the Webley Senior or even the (underrated IMO) Slavia ZVP. Proper materials.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love an all-steel pistol, but in the current day such is wishful thinking.

Just like us expecting anything other than an also-ran PCP rifle from BSA I suppose
    Good deals with these members

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Not really a "pistol person" as I don't have a use for them although I do have a nice Prem, a 240 Mag. and an Ackvoke that once belonged to my Father-in-Law.
    But if I we're pushed, something along the lines of an Hy-Score would be OK !
    “An airgun or two”………

As it's a 'completely hypothetical' situation, I wonder what they would produce if a 'revolver' was the remit?

It's on my hypothetical wishlist.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkit View Post
    As it's a 'completely hypothetical' situation, I wonder what they would produce if a 'revolver' was the remit?

It's on my hypothetical wishlist.
    PCP revolver, air tank in grip, pellets loaded directly into full size cylinder a la Gamo R77, removable cylinders available as spare part for quick reloading
    Good deals with these members