Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
Thats brilliant news, Melbourne was one of the venues that had been mentioned to me as a real possible by various emails from a few different enthusiasts with links to that club. This is all good. I see no reason to run two fayres when the hobby only needs ONE well run, well supported, well attended fair with ample parking a Bell Target comp and a bar plus its in the Midlands .

I ASK THE ORGANISERS A BIG FAVOUR

We have a very important 870 mile fundraiser for the two weeks covering Sunday 21st July to Sunday 4th August to raise money for the Royal British Legion and ask the organisers of this vintage airgun event not to pick those weekends. I would hate to miss this. Chances are we will have achieved our goal by Sunday 4th August but may still be travelling back.

That should not be a problem Gary, we would like to see you at the fayre particularly if you are having a table on the day

As I stated in post 1, the first hurdle is the permissions.

I remember that Leics Police F.A. Dept did make life a little difficult for me when I organised the Leics/Groby fayre which prevented a number of collectors trading on the day.

Hopefully the Derbyshire Dept will not put obstacles in our way.

We have quite a number of willing members who will do their bit on the day to run this event smoothly and the RBL staff will provide food and drink. We may even be able to organise a BBQ in a tented area adjacent to the carpark

When we come up with the date, then what we would like from BBS members is for them to spread the word and promote the event to local clubs and gunsmiths etc

ATB
John