Thread: Webley Omega carbine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It was a theoben gas ram , not sure if it’s knackered but think it was fitted incorrectly into the trigger block and just decided to return it to a springer .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by macmerc View Post
    It was a theoben gas ram , not sure if it’s knackered but think it was fitted incorrectly into the trigger block and just decided to return it to a springer .
    Gotcha - an after market conversion then, so imho you have done the right thing putting it back to spring. 👍

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Just to add I fitted a delrin spring guide which is sunk into trigger block by about an inch and held in tight with a cross pin , it fits nice and snug in mainspring, I was also going to fit a piston sleeve to the piston but the tolerances are such close fit of standard mainspring left no room whatsoever for even the thinnest PTFE sheet so left it without , as it turned out there is absolutely no twang at all and the gun gun shoots with a satisfying thud !
    The trigger is not bad at all once adjusted......not as good as a Weihrauch record unit but I think better than a FWB sport trigger , it’s perfectly good enough for achieving tight groups at 35 to 40 yards as I discovered after a bit of practice .
    The cocking effort is a little on the heavy side probably harder because of the short carbine barrel I would imagine it must be a lot easier with a full length barrel ...... but you get used to it and it’s not excessive .