Thread: Beeman/HW40 red dot sights.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give it a go with the open sights at the range tomorrow and see how it shoots.

Looking at it, there's probably enough room on the over-lever to mount a red dot sight right at the front and still have enough room at the back to push it closed. Just got to learn to keep my pinkies out of the way when it snaps shut.

I notice Bill says they're pellet fussy. What pellets do you guys recommend? I blagged a tin of Geco wadcutters free with it, but i've never used those before at all.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to give it a go with the open sights at the range tomorrow and see how it shoots.

Looking at it, there's probably enough room on the over-lever to mount a red dot sight right at the front and still have enough room at the back to push it closed. Just got to learn to keep my pinkies out of the way when it snaps shut.

I notice Bill says they're pellet fussy. What pellets do you guys recommend? I blagged a tin of Geco wadcutters free with it, but i've never used those before at all.
    Deffo keep your pinkies out, it bloody hurts lol, I find decent pellets like RWS work fine, using hobby at the mo and they are accurate.

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Lol, yeah. I had an Anics A3000 a few years ago and i can remember catching the web of skin between my thumb and index finger in the top slide next to the 'ejection port' a few times. Ouchy!
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Mine is amazingly accurate with superdomes
    'Time has little to do with infinity and jelly doughnuts'

Another vote for Superdomes.