Thread: Walther cp88 or Beretta 92fs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had a CP88 and a Beretta and sold both, the Beretta was too big for my hands but looked great especially with wooden grips. It's difficult to explain why I sold the CP88, it just didn't appeal for some reason depsite being accurage and having adjustable sights (I had the competition model). I find the Umarex Smith & Wesson 586 my fav co2 pistol and it's growing on me more & more.
    I think I've a mental issue in that the CP88 is a revolver (in the way it works) that looks like a semi auto whereas the 586 is a revolver all thru if that makes sense.
    It's something very personal tho and the Umarex CP88 is extremely popular along with the Colt 1911.

Rich.

I have both and I couldn't decide between them. To look at and hold its the 92 for me, for a bit of fun in the garden the 88 is a great little shooter and is slightly better made. The 88 is louder and goes through gas a bit quicker then the 92. You'll be happy with either but go see them in the flesh first.
    BSA R-10 MK 2 0.177 Beretta 92FS 0.177
    Pigeons - 1 Squirrels - 1 Deer - 0.5

I personally don't see the point in the beretta. It looks alright but for a c02 gun its not alot of fun to shoot and compared to the cp88 it isn't as consistent with its accuracy or performance.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by oggiegb View Post
    I've had a CP88 and a Beretta and sold both, the Beretta was too big for my hands but looked great especially with wooden grips. It's difficult to explain why I sold the CP88, it just didn't appeal for some reason depsite being accurage and having adjustable sights (I had the competition model). I find the Umarex Smith & Wesson 586 my fav co2 pistol and it's growing on me more & more.
    I think I've a mental issue in that the CP88 is a revolver (in the way it works) that looks like a semi auto whereas the 586 is a revolver all thru if that makes sense.
    It's something very personal tho and the Umarex CP88 is extremely popular along with the Colt 1911.

Rich.
    Spot on mate .
    I remember seeing the very first Co2 semi auto pellet firers - RWS ...looked great until broke open - and I can clearly remember my heart sinking , when I realised that it was a dinky revolver mechanism hidden inside ...Lol I put it back down on the gunshop counter and went out and bought a Gamo R77 , then Crosman 357 .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Spot on mate .
    I remember seeing the very first Co2 semi auto pellet firers - RWS ...looked great until broke open - and I can clearly remember my heart sinking , when I realised that it was a dinky revolver mechanism hidden inside ...Lol I put it back down on the gunshop counter and went out and bought a Gamo R77 , then Crosman 357 .
    The CP88 was actually the first, followed by the RWS C225 still made buy Umarex but RWS branded and distributed. After the excellent CP88 the RWS was a huge flop despite having the same internals as the CP88, it wasn't as pretty or as nice to handle, though not actually a replica it did have a very close resemblance to a Sig Sauer. Manufacturing was stopped after only 2 years, where as the CP88 is still being made today. I personally quite like the RWS not as much as the CP88 mind you, and they are becoming quite rare now, if you find one and have some spare cash grab it, its and investment if nothing else.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I've got an umarex FS92 and cant really fault it; I even won the Police Pistol comp on here with it a few years ago!!

It is chunky but I thought people wanted a practical pistol shooting experience so its weight is part of the experience!

Ultimately I purchased mine used on here; I would have got an 88 if that had come up first.

AA S410K .22, BSA Supersport .22, HW40 .177, Umarex Berretta 92fs .177 Webley Junior .177 (1954)