Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
Yes please, Mick, I have already done this so it will be interesting to see how close I am, and to cross reference the results...my results below.

Target overall size given as 10" x 10" x 1". It appears to be closed off at the edges top and bottom but open at the sides?...

Front plate = 11" x 10" x 1/8" steel sheet blank folded to form a 10" square with a 1/2" returned edges folded at 90 degrees top and bottom. Possibly with a 6" circle cut out the middle?...the centres for what look like four rivets fixing front plate to back plate are 1/2" from sides and 1-1/2" from top and bottom edges.

Back plate = 10" x 10" x 1/8" steel plate. The piece of steel cut out from the front plate is fixed to backplate opposite the opening in the front plate to strengthen the back plate?...or just make it from 1/4" instead.

Horse shoe = 1" wide - 8" OD x 6" ID x 1/4" thick steel circle blank - horseshoe shape is 8" wide and 6" high - use a paper template 8" x 6" rectangle to mark where to cut the top of circle for the overall shape. Looks like rivet fixings a 3,6 and 9 o'clock. A small washer placed on rivet between horse shoe and front plate to create a standoff for the target card to sit in?...alternatively the back of the horse shoe is milled out to accept the target card...The W & S lettering is about 1/2" high, letter spacing will have to be set out on the fly before stamping...

Card target is about 6-1/4" wide x 7" high, printed target area is about 5-1/2" wide, ten scoring rings spaced 25/64" apart, the bull is about 1-38/64" (10mm spacing for the rings, 40mm for the bull looks about right ) Can not quite read what is printed at the top of the target?...
Basically about the same as I've just measured, Dave.

Though I made the target 6 3/8" wide by 7" tall and the three horseshoe rivets are on a 7" diameter so the washers between the horshoe and front plate would be 5/16" OD for a snug fit of the target.

But I think you have it spot with the fabrication method and the important dimensions.

All the best Mick