Thread: Action screws

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    At £60 to £70 each these are not cheap, but in the end are worth it.

Neil
    I quite agree, however they are not torque wrenches and action screws on CZ's need torquing to be consistant...
    AA S410K:Cardew modified Mk1 HW80 4mmTP, barrel shortened no choke Venom Tyrolean stock Titan Accelerator spring, TbT top hat & guide :CZ 16"bbl .22LR Varmint:12bore MOB O/U: Webley 812 auto:.308 Surgeon/Border barrel by Dave Wylde now Valkyrie Rifles BASC/NRA

Quote Originally Posted by palace View Post
    I quite agree, however they are not torque wrenches and action screws on CZ's need torquing to be consistant...
    Not if they are properly bedded on pillars
    And bedding three rifles is much cheaper than paying out for a torque driver (yes i'm cheap)
    I think the J&P screws and spring are well worth the money.
    And for the nay sayers, a rounded off cheap allen bolt is much easier to drill out then a slotted screw, and no special jig is needed

Neil.

action screws

hi,palace if you dont mind me asking how much did they cost with the
    exchange rate +postage. i could do with 2 sets one for my cz17hmr and
    22 varmint cz cheers.
    bob

bob64
    http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/ this is the link to J&P I dont know if with the fluctuations in the exchange rate the price would be the same I paid less than £20 for the lot @ $2 to the £ an alternative is Rimfire Technologies who have the wood screws as well, http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/S...lts.asp?Cat=42

There is a good reason to use a torque wrench other than perceived accuracy improvement (my CZ 452 Varmint is pillar & skim bedded) & that is I'm 21 stone, with years of wrenching bits out of old cars, so it's not always that easy to judge a few inch lbs...

I am looking forward to the first to come up with a steel trigger guard to match my matt finished Varmint.
    AA S410K:Cardew modified Mk1 HW80 4mmTP, barrel shortened no choke Venom Tyrolean stock Titan Accelerator spring, TbT top hat & guide :CZ 16"bbl .22LR Varmint:12bore MOB O/U: Webley 812 auto:.308 Surgeon/Border barrel by Dave Wylde now Valkyrie Rifles BASC/NRA

Thumbs up action screws

thank palace for the info mate like the one piece weaver mount as well cheers .
    bob