Thread: Which are the favoured Co2 replica pistols and which ones to avoid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Before the appearance of the first semi-auto handguns at the end of the 19th century a revolver was often referred to as a pistol!

The term pistol today can equally mean either a revolver or a semi-auto handgun,(or a percussion or flintlock handgun) the term is not exclusive to the new fangled semi auto design.
    ------------
    "They're Not Pistols"

"The vast majority of revolvers are not pistols, because the chambers contained within the cylinder are separate from the gun's barrel. Those revolvers that do contain multiple barrels in the cylinder are most often referred to as pepperboxes rather than revolvers."

- Russ Chastain
    -----------

I will think about how wrong you are - while I do a half hour's revolver practice before dinner this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    ------------
    "They're Not Pistols"

"The vast majority of revolvers are not pistols, because the chambers contained within the cylinder are separate from the gun's barrel. Those revolvers that do contain multiple barrels in the cylinder are most often referred to as pepperboxes rather than revolvers."

- Russ Chastain
    -----------

I will think about how wrong you are - while I do a half hour's revolver practice before dinner this evening.
    Nevertheless,the term has been applied to revolvers since their inception in the first half of the 19th century!

Nevertheless,the term has been applied to revolvers since their inception in the first half of the 19th century!
    "Been applied to" or "Often referred to" doesn't mean it's correct.

I know you'd rather say 'pass my revolver' rather than 'pass my pistol' (if indeed it were a revolver that you were referring to).

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    "Been applied to" or "Often referred to" doesn't mean it's correct.

I know you'd rather say 'pass my revolver' rather than 'pass my pistol' (if indeed it were a revolver that you were referring to).

I usually say pass the salt actually,but I obviously live in a different type of household to you!

I usually say pass the salt actually,but I obviously live in a different type of household to you!
    That's true actually.

I seem to be living in a colonial / Victorian fantasy, where I'd say 'pass my automatic' if I were referring to my Colt .45 (which hadn't been invented yet).

Saying 'revolver' is still good though.

I have the Sig 228 with silencer and its great fun!!