Thread: Thinking about buying a HW95

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes the Hw 95 in .177 has a very smooth and easy action when breaking and loading,but has a lot of muzzle flip when firing over 10.5 ft/ lbs. The .22 is a lot nicer to shoot and just as easy to break and load. The Hw 98 is better still with shrouded barrel and adjustable cheek piece but a tad more exspensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    Yes the Hw 95 in .177 has a very smooth and easy action when breaking and loading,but has a lot of muzzle flip when firing over 10.5 ft/ lbs. The .22 is a lot nicer to shoot and just as easy to break and load. The Hw 98 is better still with shrouded barrel and adjustable cheek piece but a tad more exspensive.
    I know what you mean about the 98. The stock is great but personally I don't like the shroud. It certainly adds weight at the front which is essential but just makes the rifle that bit too heavy. I want the extra weight right at the front not along the entire length of the barrel.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I have just had a look at the Konceptus moderators on their web site very well priced but what is the quality like and is their customer service trustable.

Thanks for all your advice everyone.
    Emma also had a go with the gun and liked it plus she found it easier to cock than my break barrel and the weight of the gun suited her.
    I think I need to try a standard .177 before I commit. The gun will be mainly for Emma to use as she feels she needs to stop using her pcp so much at the Boinger Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Waisted View Post
    I have just had a look at the Konceptus moderators on their web site very well priced but what is the quality like and is their customer service trustable.
    I have bought about 4 moderators from them previously and all have been good quality and took about 7-10 days to deliver from order. They also do a 'glue on' steel silencer which works as well without the hassle of getting a 1/2" UNF thread on your barrel.