Page 29 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisthe1@lycos.co.uk View Post
    I shall try my best to get to this one for the Saturday
    Hi Chris, I really do hope that you can make it there on the Saturday, you're guaranteed to enjoy your day and meet a great bunch of guys.
    I fully intend to be there myself on the Saturday with my good mate Steve, and he'd like to meet you after I collected the air cylinder from you for his son.

I hope that the Bashmaster Mr. Furniss recalls that we're in credit from having to miss the November Bash Wild horses won't stop me getting to this one

Atb, Clogger

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    You should Mike, you really should, just do it, go and ask. I read from people on here who live in ‘the country’ and struggle to find permissions and I wonder if a lot of the areas are already spoken for ? Maybe it’s because there is a lot of ‘competion’ from others who shoot due to there being more shooters in the countryside willing to shoot live quarry ?? I don’t know, just a thought. Very very few of the guys at my club/range would be into shooting vermin or pests - they just don’t like it or, ‘get it’. Townies just love feeding pigeons and squirrels I’m definitely in the minority when it comes to shooting with most people I know.

So, I suppose what I’m saying is, given you are living in a ‘towny’ area, I reckon any offer of free pest control (as a non-professional) will be better received than you might think.
    that's a very good point there mate. I've got a couple of possibilities to approach just a serious lack of time at the moment but once I've finished the job I'm working on things should level out a bit

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    I hope that the Bashmaster Mr. Furniss recalls that we're in credit from having to miss the November Bash Wild horses won't stop me getting to this one

Atb, Clogger
    Thank you Alistair, I knew that there was more than one payment to roll over but I couldn't work out who from the Halloween list.

It turns out that you paid and then immediately cancelled so I never did add your name on the Halloween list which is why I didn't twig --- all sorted now.

I look forward to seeing you and Steve again.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hi Chris, I really do hope that you can make it there on the Saturday, you're guaranteed to enjoy your day and meet a great bunch of guys.
    I fully intend to be there myself on the Saturday with my good mate Steve, and he'd like to meet you after I collected the air cylinder from you for his son.

Atb, Clogger
    Hi Alistair !
    Not nailed my colours to the main mast as yet but I'm hopping to be there !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hi Alistair !
    Not nailed my colours to the main mast as yet but I'm hopping to be there !

John.
    Attendance obligatory, not optional, Hopping John.

Have you turned into a Bunny?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Atb, Clogger
    Of course, always excellent to see you again, Alastair, and it'll be great to meet Steve again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Really looking forward to seeing all the Boingerati again, and was gutted to have to miss the Halloween Bash. By April it will be 6 months since last setting foot on the hallowed turf of The Hollow, and I've got severe "cold turkey" withdrawal symptoms
    Love y'all, Clogger

The wait until the April Bash is always the longest and most agonising, Mr Cloggerati.

By the time we wrap up the last Bash of the year, we can reflect on yet another successful Boinger Bash season and the countless memories it has provided and the many friendships started and fortified. But then that tinge of sadness strikes knowing that we all have such a long wait until we can all be re-united, us band of brothers-in-boingers.

But then they often say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, don't they? Sod that, I want it and I WANT IT NOW!! BOING!

At least through the wonderful BBS, the very fine medium that provided the spark and the platform to kick the Boinger Bash into its very existence, we can all keep in touch in the meantime. And a few little "mini-Bash" meet-ups along the way.

Weird to think that, just five years ago The Bash was just a little idea amongst a few Boingerpeeps. Seemingly a dream that may never come true........

And now we just have the small matter of 72 sleeps to go.

BOING!

P.S.......And how many sleeps Pauly and Jamie?

One sleep tone.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    One sleep tone.
    Yaaaay ! One more sleep

Hopefully get home early from work today and get myself ‘packed’ (I may even pack some clothes) for a hassle free push off in the morning.

Jamie: I will give you a call later but realise your phone signals down there aren’t great.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Wheres everybody going? is there another bash somewhere?

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post

I believe Paul is off for a visit with Jamie Mel; God how I wish I was going too. Never mind tho', I'm looking forward to a day with Jamie & Missus in the Lakes soon. After that April in Quigley, plus a visit to Norfolk. This is going to be a very good year!

Hopefully it will bring a fast recovery for Mick too!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    I believe Paul is off for a visit with Jamie Mel; God how I wish I was going too. Never mind tho', I'm looking forward to a day with Jamie & Missus in the Lakes soon. After that April in Quigley, plus a visit to Norfolk. This is going to be a very good year!

Hopefully it will bring a fast recovery for Mick too!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Guid onya Gwyn, looks like your 'Gulliver' gene is not only alive and well but, in fact, thriving !

Looking forward to catching up with you and the rest of the 'Hallowed Hollow Hootenanny Hooligans' in April ...AGW. 😎

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post

As Gwyn says above Mel. I’m spending a few days with Mr and Mrs Trapper.

Jamie bought a rifle that was in Durham - Chris (Baldinio) lives fairly near to Durham so picked it up for Jamie - Chris then brought the rifle to me in The Lake District as I was staying there for New Years - I brought it back down to London and as I’m only ‘down the road’ from Cornwall, it would be silly of me not to drop it off to Jamie - Simples ! It would be rude not to innit ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    As Gwyn says above Mel. I’m spending a few days with Mr and Mrs Trapper.

Jamie bought a rifle that was in Durham - Chris (Baldinio) lives fairly near to Durham so picked it up for Jamie - Chris then brought the rifle to me in The Lake District as I was staying there for New Years - I brought it back down to London and as I’m only ‘down the road’ from Cornwall, it would be silly of me not to drop it off to Jamie - Simples ! It would be rude not to innit ?
    And seeing as you're already in Cornwall, you could hop on a ferry over here for a coffee on the way home?
    God rest ye jelly mental men