Thread: Feinwerkbau Modell 800

Feinwerkbau Modell 800

Got to love it !

So now, skip getting the Mod. 700, and go direct to Mod. 800 for 12 ft/lb (16J) power upgrade !

Fwb told me the action is completely redesigned...so fingers crossed the power modification is do-able.

HOW TO BUY ?

Hefty discount without 10m front & rear sights, when you buy from Germany direct:

http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/L...800--6005.html

Without front & rear 10m sights: Euro 2065 / GBP 1715 / USD$ 2719 - without P&P (excluding UK Bank wire transfer charges & piss poor exchange rate)

...add another Euro37 - put in 2 boxes to conform with German law, and NO It isnt a problem & no laws are being broken when buying from Germany and delivered to your doorstep in UK
    - Save a bundle of quid !

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modu...p5?cPageId=339

Yes it has the p44 pistol regulator fitted..this is not adjustable like the P70 or the 700 regulators. Doubt the volume in the valve chamber will be there either. There shouldn't be enough volume in a 10m rifle anyway.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Perhaps...

but hasn't prevented my Walther LG400 being modded to 16J...by a top UK gunsmith...in fact, I ordered 2 X LG400s, and the other was modded by a 2nd other top UK engineering bloke. ( one is mine, the other his).

I suppose what I'm saying, there is plenty of talent in the UK in overcoming any issue...

Regarding other 10m rifles...matter of fact, Daniel Roemer from Tesro told me at IWA...there are possible ways of power modding the RS100...so that's another one being added to my collection with a power mod.

So methinks, the Fwb 800 may be a challenge, but will be overcome with British Engineering ingenuity.

As far as Anschutz 8002, 9003, well, it's well known these are 10m successfully power modded to 12 ft/lb, and being used on FT circuit.

Will keep you posted. If the Fwb 800 prove impossible to power mod., will keep it as a wall display ornament

It won't be a problem to get 12fpe from the 800, you would do it in a similar way to the Anschutz 8002 & 9003 etc. All I meant was it's not going to be an off the shelf tweak like the Steyr & lg300 & 400 Walthers. It Will take a little bit of work, if it's your thing that is!
    Oh & by the way, lf your going to mod the Tesro RS100 don't forget to upgrade the cocking link pin or it May well break. They are prone to break anyway.
    Last edited by wonky donky; 20-03-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks for the tips...especially regarding the Tesro RS100...

Will post piccies once all done.

wow - anyone shooting one of these beauts.

Adjustable everything must be a nightmare to set up - but once done,there will be no excuse that the rifle doesn't fit.

would look a treat at the Bell Target club next to a BSA Standard
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Don't see why you would want to up it to 12 flds,these are specially designed for 10m,much better options are available for less cash
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    Don't see why you would want to up it to 12 flds,these are specially designed for 10m,much better options are available for less cash
    Sure...

But if It can be done, why not ? (cash is a non issue to me - having a special unique airgun on the other hand is why I "collect" & personalise them ; people collect cheap to very expensive items - we all do this, for whatever , dont we ?).

Same could be said about the Ans. 8002 /9003 - 10m air rifles - which are modded by Dave Welham & another UK guru...Its a personal choice to mod. to no ends...ie: go as far as fit a CZ barrel suited to higher velocity, sticking on a March scope, fitting a titanium cylinder by Mick T., etc..., even if its for garden plinking

Pimping, modding, customising is not only restricted to the high end stuff...plenty of forums around the world where even Chinese SMK rifles are "pimped" by owners who love 'em and spend more £££ than the original cost of the rifle

Example I found this morning on personal choice to pimping/modding/customizing - comes from BRAZIL; see this > http://coronhasmartins.com.br/

Anyhow, Its just my hobby to have a unique collection - hope you understand ?

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    wow - anyone shooting one of these beauts.

Adjustable everything must be a nightmare to set up - but once done,there will be no excuse that the rifle doesn't fit.

would look a treat at the Bell Target club next to a BSA Standard
    Yes, I've had mine for a few weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Yes, I've had mine for a few weeks now.
    Are you shooting 10m or is it converted for FT?

Have you figured out all the adjustments yet
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Are you shooting 10m or is it converted for FT?

Have you figured out all the adjustments yet
    Mine is standard & will stay that way. The adjustments are well explained in the manual.

The firing cycle & shot generation is far superior than anything else I've used. Everyone who has tried it says it's superior to their Anschutz 9003 Precise, Walther, 700 etc.

A retired ex British 10mtr champion who tried it commented it was cheating & said he could shoot 600 with one of them!

A bold statement, but we might just see because he has one on the way to him now.....That's something I didn't expect to see!