Thread: Its NOT C.O.AL. it is....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post

A sensible observation sir.

Sadly the very base is also known as the case head and is cited by some as being a possible safety issue IF you might mistake one for the other Personally, in my opinion, if you are that stupid you should not own a spoon let alone an FAC.

This particular argument is that of someone clutching at straws during an argument they are losing if you ask me.

This said I was taking a mate though reloading .303 at the weekend and he kept forgetting the charge weight (using electronic scales) so I demonstrated just how much powder a .303 case would take. I suspect that for some a powder scale that just needs setting and matching is the way forward.
    Gordon Bennett - if he can't remember the charge weight, can he write it - and read what he's written?

I used to use 41 grains of Reloader15, and I had to check my old documents to make sure, but my excuse is that it's more than 10 years since I last used it.

I guess it'd take more than a UK referendum to get the case head renamed as the case heel ...
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    Gordon Bennett - if he can't remember the charge weight, can he write it - and read what he's written?
    That's the problem with being on parmanent send....no capacity to receive and process info
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    That's the problem with being on parmanent send....no capacity to receive and process info
    Ah. Such transmitters usually jam all other signal traffic around them too...
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

If bullets are heads, can we have bullet head space for the distance the bullet has to move to engage with the rifling ;-)