Thread: New British Made Air Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    The market as the manufacturers see it is just not there. I'd give my left nut for a compact break barrel that looks like a fenman, weighs the same as a 99 and with the build quality of an Air Arms. In fact I'd give both nuts. Thing is, it looks like I'll be keeping my nuts.
    So you want a Birmingham-made walnut Webley Longbow, except you want to buy it in return for testicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    So you want a Birmingham-made walnut Webley Longbow, except you want to buy it in return for testicles?
    He may become too can't be arsed to use his new gun with his nuts off, wonder if he considered that when he decided to use them as currency.

Oddly enough, the longbow seems to have sort of passed me by. The introduction of the HW80 seemed to outshine any previous rifle and the idea of rifles never really attracted me until the TX200 came along. Maybe I do need a Brummie longbow.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Oddly enough, the longbow seems to have sort of passed me by. The introduction of the HW80 seemed to outshine any previous rifle and the idea of rifles never really attracted me until the TX200 came along. Maybe I do need a Brummie longbow.
    It was only made from 2002-5, when almost everyone was into PCPs, so easy to miss.

If Webley had not gone bust in 2005, I'd wager it would still be in production, and popular.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    It was only made from 2002-5, when almost everyone was into PCPs, so easy to miss.

If Webley had not gone bust in 2005, I'd wager it would still be in production, and popular.
    You've got to admit the Webley Venom Sidewinder compact was a thing of beauty and probably shot sublime, I had a SFS tuned Longbow and that was lovely but like we all do, I sold it on for the next attraction.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in