Thread: John Knibbs books for sale.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    markets up and down , i sold one mint condition 1st edition back in january 2017 see my thread below

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....effries+Rifles

i sold mine for £75 posted , while researching sale prices and asking around i did find some that fetched good money but it's just hit and miss , if someone really wants it then they will pay a premium but on other hand you may ask for a premium and get no sale.
    back in january you were still able to by a new 1st edition copy from knibbs website at a cost of £350

regards Daniel.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Town View Post

markets up and down , i sold one mint condition 1st edition back in january 2017 see my thread below

i sold mine for £75 posted , while researching sale prices and asking around i did find some that fetched good money but it's just hit and miss , if someone really wants it then they will pay a premium but on other hand you may ask for a premium and get no sale.
    back in january you were still able to by a new 1st edition copy from knibbs website at a cost of £350

regards Daniel.
    Kinnel !!! ... Thanks Daniel, as you can see from my post as above, I had absolutely no idea (you posted your thread while I was writing mine). What a nice surprise. May sell them now, after all lol ???

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 21-10-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: coz I can :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

regards Daniel.
    And, I wouldn't mind betting that you can STILL buy the same first edition for £350! Lol.
    A couple of years ago, I sold my Copy of the Lincoln Jeffries book for £65. It too was a first edition.
    The Golden Century usually fetches a good price, but I can't claim to have any direct experience of that particular tome.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

regards Daniel.

So . I wasn't so far off then. [The offer still stands. ]
    For this amount of money I could get an interest in BSA. Lets admit it - I could even begin to like Wobbly pistols.

Good luck with the sale.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

TGC is an excellent reference work but prices can be up and down. A look through Completed Listings on t'bay night provide further food for thought. A realistic price is probably around the £65 mark.

Kind regards,

John

Thanks everyone - I will put them up for sale using your helpful guidance to determine the price.

I would like to sell the pair together - could be ideal for a newbie to BSA collecting - or a great early Christmas present for a BSA enthusiast who does not have either and would like a pair of first editions for £125 posted with "next day" delivery by DPD....but I would be happy to sell them both separately - no problem!
    Last edited by zooma; 22-10-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.