Thread: Bsa spitfire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Yes bud , My mate has been offered 2 , 1 still boxed the other as spares as its leaking , not sure how bad but may be kept as spares or just by for the different cal barrel.
    as long as there for a good price mate I would have the two of them sorted form bowkett then keep one and shift the other good classic BSA with a modem twist

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    as long as there for a good price mate I would have the two of them sorted form bowkett then keep one and shift the other good classic BSA with a modem twist
    Funny enough I not long sold a nice one in 22 cal , In all fairness it shot well , As luck happens I was on lookout for another PCP for ratting and picked up a lovely mk3 bsa bbk so the options are there again for myself with the buddy from my mk3, Some thinking needed over the next couple nights.

I have had a couple of Spitfires including the Bisley model. I think John Bowkett charges £120 to get them better than originally factory supplied. The "secret" of keeping them in good fettle is to use them regularly, I used to cock and fire mine every couple of weeks even if I never went shooting. John reckons the Spitfire and Firebird are two of the most accurate rifles BSA made. I now just have the Firebird which I prefer because you can change barrels with just a couple of allen screws.

Baz
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 05-06-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I have had a couple of Spitfires including the Bisley model. I think John Bowkett charges £120 to get them better than originally factory supplied. The "secret" of keeping them in good fettle is to use them regularly, I used to cock and fire mine every couple of weeks even if I never went shooting. John reckons the Spitfire and Firebird are two of the most accurate rifles BSA made. I now just have the Firebird which I prefer because you can change barrels with just a couple of allen screws.

Baz
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for that, I sold my last one but it was a nice gun , I should have kept it for the NV set up, And as you said , I used to shoot mine regular , They are a nice little gun

Is the spitfire easy for a barrel change

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Is the spitfire easy for a barrel change
    Not difficult, just like you would change a BSA springer barrel. Just not as easy as the Firebird that just slides straight out with no barrel lock involved.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I had a .22" Spitfire Hf, great rifle & I fancy another

also had a .20" Firebird Lf, was it the .20" cal or the Lf charging from the buddy-bottle that I didn't get on with? dunno but the loading was great

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

Do both fill ok with the buddy bottle