Thread: Your "keeper" pistols - let's hear what and why

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    My FWB65. It's as close to perfect as anything I've ever used, and it will never be sold.
    I'm with you on this one, Matt. As a collector of this model I have several and every one is a keeper - at least it's like pulling teeth getting rid of one, as I have to do from time to time.

My thoughts on this model.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Fwb

Having just finally acquired an LP80, and like you having spent what money I had in the 80s on hunting rifles (including an FWB 127) I know exactly what you mean. Of my twelve or more pistols it is currently the last one that I might part with.

There is something very special about them, and I can't think of any other gun of any type that won Olympic medals for so long.

If my gun buying fund was now not a bit depleted I would be actively on the hunt for an early 65 with plastic grips and a "Mk 2" shorty. Just give it time......

Great article.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm with you on this one, Matt. As a collector of this model I have several and every one is a keeper - at least it's like pulling teeth getting rid of one, as I have to do from time to time.

My thoughts on this model.