Thread: Hw80 short stroke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks guys

That's reassuring.

Are the 80;and 95 barrels of today still interchangeable with a MK2?

Quote Originally Posted by rg627 View Post
    Thanks guys

That's reassuring.

Are the 80;and 95 barrels of today still interchangeable with a MK2?
    Yes they are - and if I were you.... I'd use a 95 or a 98 barrel - from my experience they seem to be just a tad more accurate.

Cheers Steve

knew I shouldn't have listened to you guys; I've gone and bought one! Not the MK2 carbine but a full length MK1. It's quite tatty and will be a project.

Initially it was dieseling and running hot. Just stripped it and it's full of gunk and the springs bent a tad. The spring was massive. I will be changing the internals anyways so trimmed the spring and cleaned it up so I could have a plink. 10ft lbs and boings!

Gave me some fun for couple of hours but on to the project. .....

Who's the best short stroke option? Fitted a tbt short stroke to my prosport and that works really nice. I going to need new spring and guides anyway so I'm tempted with the stroking school of thought via drop in kit.

I don't have the knowledge to alter transfer port or lighten the piston so want to avoid that if possible.

Failing that, 25mm conversion may be an option. What ball park figure would you expect to pay and who does them these days other than vmach. Are the two like comparing chalk and cheese or can you expect similar results? I have never fired a 25 mm one.

I'm in a dilemma as to which tuning route to go down.

Finally , once I have it running nicely, if it's a keeper I may reblue. Who's the main man in Manchester area these days and how do I get hold of them....

Any advice appreciated

Maybe get one of Mr Bum's "posh" kits, the one with the spring & matching top hat & guide and the short stroke nose and new seals. Try it at standard stroke to begin with and see how you get on and then fit the strokey nose later if desired?

Colin Molloy's the man for a re-blue in the Manchester area but I seem to remember seeing recently that he's relocating and not taking on any work at the moment?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes Tony, it does look a good option. I have been impressed with his kits before

I'll try and track him down. If not, are there any other gunsmiths whomsoever blueing in the northwest?

Why are springers such an addictive hobby!

Yes Tony, it does look a good option. I have been impressed with his kits before

I'll try and track him down. If not, are there any other gunsmiths whomsoever blueing in the northwest?

If you're on Facebook do a search for Geoff Bullock owner of LSD no not the drug
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

'Cos they go "BOING"!!!!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!