Hi,sniper
I own no:38 bought from manchester airguns back in Dec 87 for £465
Its still smooth as silk and as accurate as ever! My dad originally owned this rifle and gave it to me for my 30th birthday! i also owned my own till about 1989 i think No:136? i wish i never sold it now! sold it to a member from Oldham and district airgun club! where is it now?? still im being greedy wanting 2. The one i have was fine fettled by Richard Spencer himself at his home near Accrington i think? in his own workshop,back in about 1988 and never needed anything since! I think Richard made enough parts for 200 rifles but think only 175 were finished! His own in .177 all others in .22
However! there is 2 .177 genesis as mine has been converted to .177 by my Dad! (yes he is a gunsmith) set at 11.2ft lbs
Wonder what its worth?Richard told me he has heard over £1000 has been handed over for them.
As for the cocking effort! there is definatly a knack as i have shot over 500 shots in one day with no worries! even compared to the modern precharged rifles of today i think its one of the nicest and most accurate guns i have ever shot!