Thread: BSA Scorpion or HW 45 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    We sure there's no rose tinted specs going on in this thread? I had a Scorpion back in the day in was very heavy, hard to cock, ugly and I couldn't hit anything with it.

Now I have a 45, its beautifully well made, amazingly accurate and powerful too. Well, the accuracy is up to you, but with some practice my newish one seems great. I used to have a Crossman pump up 1377, that was accurate too, but I never liked it. I do like my 2240 as well, but I hate the power tail off you get with co2
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by throdgrain View Post
    We sure there's no rose tinted specs going on in this thread? I had a Scorpion back in the day in was very heavy, hard to cock, ugly and I couldn't hit anything with it.
    That basically what I thought back in the day. Then I got one recently, and concluded it was not really too heavy, not too hard to cock, distinctively styled (er....), and very accurate.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That basically what I thought back in the day. Then I got one recently, and concluded it was not really too heavy, not too hard to cock, distinctively styled (er....), and very accurate.
    Each to their own mate, reckon I'll stick with my HW45 though
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by throdgrain View Post
    Each to their own mate, reckon I'll stick with my HW45 though
    It is a bit old fashioned i guess....all 70s pistol designs of barrel infront of the cylinder were never going to be very compact and one would have imagined the design to have long since evolved and gone by say the early 90s but they are accurate and nice to shoot.
    The Scorpion is potentially very very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    It is a bit old fashioned i guess....all 70s pistol designs of barrel infront of the cylinder were never going to be very compact and one would have imagined the design to have long since evolved and gone by say the early 90s but they are accurate and nice to shoot.
    The Scorpion is potentially very very accurate.
    The Scorpion is the one pistol I have kept as can actually hit stuff with it. My .177 Mk2 has been reblued by Colin Molloy and sports a Venom Slimtech which doubles as a very useful cocking aid.

Just to confuse this, if you can give up a little bit of power in exchange for cocking ease, pleasure of shooting, and milder shot cycle, then you should be looking at the good old Original/Diana model 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Just to confuse this, if you can give up a little bit of power in exchange for cocking ease, pleasure of shooting, and milder shot cycle, then you should be looking at the good old Original/Diana model 5.
    The Original/RWS 5 has excellent compression/ stroke/ transfer port ratio....far and away better than the 45 and has the potential to put pellet ontop of pellet for about 3.8 ftlbs or so.