Thread: Rapid 7 pros and cons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What one person likes, another hates, I have 4 Rapids, I wouldn't swap any of them for an hw100.

All of mine are more accurate than me,the mk4 triggers are as good as any other I have tried, even my rapid with the gamo is fine (infact its my go to hunting gun) I must admit though some are rubbish.

Personally I like a self indexing mag, far easier to replace a mag than repair a index system that is fitted to the gun.

As for a q/f and gauge, a cheap an easy upgrade (if that's what you want) but I'm not bothered with those either, more things to go wrong.

3 of my guns have regs, they give a few extra shots with no power curve but they don't make the gun more accurate than the unregged gun.

I also like the scope mounts and the cocking bolt.

Reliability, my old mk1 has shot 100s of thousands of pellets, had it for over 20 years, only ever let me down once, a blown o ring that cost 10p and 5 mins to fix. Other than a recent service on the regs of the other 3, none have caused any issues.

Bb

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    What one person likes, another hates, I have 4 Rapids, I wouldn't swap any of them for an hw100.

All of mine are more accurate than me,the mk4 triggers are as good as any other I have tried, even my rapid with the gamo is fine (infact its my go to hunting gun) I must admit though some are rubbish.

Personally I like a self indexing mag, far easier to replace a mag than repair a index system that is fitted to the gun.

As for a q/f and gauge, a cheap an easy upgrade (if that's what you want) but I'm not bothered with those either, more things to go wrong.

3 of my guns have regs, they give a few extra shots with no power curve but they don't make the gun more accurate than the unregged gun.

I also like the scope mounts and the cocking bolt.

Reliability, my old mk1 has shot 100s of thousands of pellets, had it for over 20 years, only ever let me down once, a blown o ring that cost 10p and 5 mins to fix. Other than a recent service on the regs of the other 3, none have caused any issues.

Bb

A lot of what you say is true. You say you would not swap to.a 100 but have you owned and shot one on a regular basis.
    I have had both and if you have a mk4 trigger then thats a good place to be. Brlefore that....it was crap. Mine had a tuned Gammo.....and it was still shite. The mag isnt as good as the 100....not by any stretch of the imagination and if tlyou want to have a dedicated NV scope then the mag totally fubars that idea.
    As you say....good to have the choice. I have tried a few rifles in my time and to date..the 100 has ticked more boxes than any other rifle.
    It aint perfect...of course it isnt....i cant think.of a single rifle that is.....they aĺl have limitations. But the 100 is a great allounder and on trigger and mag system alone...its a tough act to follow.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill