Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub Round 2 - The Pre-Shoot Banter Thread

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    I would just like to say a big thank you to all at Swallows for a fantastic day. The course was perfect. All those responsible in hacking out the woodland wilderness to make the lanes and target positions there deserve a big pat on the back for all their hard work. In what was undoubtably a mammoth task with the water and thick vegetation to contend with.

Can't wait till the next visit.

Andy
    Thank Andy - and Meerkat too (wish you'd change your BBS handle - keep's reminding me of that bl**dy advert, which is driving me mad ).

Cannot imagine Swallows ever having previously received such accolades. Not that we don't deserve it (), but it does help hugely to know that the effort was well regarded by YOU LOT.

Makes me want to do it all over again (but maybe not tomorrow ).

As for your (Meerkat) comment about reaction from the fishermen .... only time will tell. You did all (bar one brief outburst of uncontrollable histeria I heard on the woods course) behave exceptionally well. So .... fingers crossed

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

thanks for helping me zero it properly blackscale

see you soon

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Yes that is a lovely Falcon from Mr Kemp!
    Had Falcons all my life...never personally ever had a problem..great HFT rifle!!

Big Thanks and I feel Beths scores will soar very soon!

here's looking at you kid!

Well at least she won't forget the pellet into this one !!

I'd like her to break into the 50's without extra points, but who cares as she always has a smile all the way round, even when i'm a grumpy ol' #######

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Great to shoot with you lot again....we have our ups and downs, mainly due to our passion i reckon!!

Great Show Biggles, plus all that set out, cooked, booked in, etc, etc, Very deceptive course...Not going to mention my score....

just popping out to try my new rifle, while i send my Daystate back again!.....Getting a new trigger finger fitted to it!...Great they are, mine is anodised but they come in all colours, Set them to pull the trigger at the right time...Jobs a good'un!

swallows almost certainly put more into their hosting then any other club!!
    Well done..Sleep well.

Dan The Man, cheers for your sponducious company...you are a credit to the human race fella.

well done Buxted for taking the top slot!
    Infact well done all the juniors, especially our very own Spencer who practices like shooting is going out of fashion!...great result!

Would like to do a couple of evenings with the juniors, practising 'Off the deck' and 'off the peg' shooting, with maybe a bit of zeroing / friendly comp thrown in!
    If any of The juniors parents wants to get in touch...feel free, maybe we can sort something!

Thankyou everyone!
    Spongerinamissalotamus!

XX
    mum said when the weather is better we can go ... she will give you a ring one day next week

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    ...... even when i'm a grumpy ol' #######
    When are you not ?

Well shot today Steve. Perhaps I'll catch you up when I get to grips with this Big Game Mentality thing .. and REALLY check my own zero properly . Only put three rounds through my dear ol'd S400 this morning, and it seemed to be vaguely shooting in the right direction. OK ... may have been a tad high; but what's a half inch between friends when your so knackered you've almost lost the plot

Biggles (who will post the results list in a separate thread very soon)
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    When are you not ?

Well shot today Steve. Perhaps I'll catch you up when I get to grips with this Big Game Mentality thing .. and REALLY check my own zero properly . Only put three rounds through my dear ol'd S400 this morning, and it seemed to be vaguely shooting in the right direction. OK ... may have been a tad high; but what's a half inch between friends when your so knackered you've almost lost the plot

Biggles (who will post the results list in a separate thread very soon)
    Thought i was fairly happy today for me, i must have been my face & head hurt, must have been smiling
    Oh & it's big game temperament Mr B

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    I'm still amused by my ability to get stung at my first peg when i went prone....... What a perfect start!
    (especially when a string is pulled and ducks emerge).
    that was a classic nettle job and those ducks really were a surprise just when the string was pulled thought for a split second it was a target that popped out of the water
    thanks for great company
    see you in the futurama
    WALTHER DOMINATOR LG300.
    "The Oaks"

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I must confess to being a teeny weeny bit disappointed when no more ducks appeared when a string was pulled throughout the rest of the course. Ok, not all strings required pulling after a shot (mores the pity) but i did have my hopes up about the ducks.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Thanks to all Swallows members for a great course, and what a beautiful day although i did forget the sunscreen and ended up burnt . Such a lovely course, didn't like the queueing at peg 1 though.... other than that such a lovely day.
    DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

Has any Sussex shooter got facebook???
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!

Feral is offline One of my mil dots is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    I must confess to being a teeny weeny bit disappointed when no more ducks appeared when a string was pulled throughout the rest of the course. Ok, not all strings required pulling after a shot (mores the pity) but i did have my hopes up about the ducks.
    Just for you Ben... pick a duck, any duck
    Walther dominator Lightstream FFP, s200 with Viper 10x44 - Buxted HFT My A4 Targets - HFT Kill zone sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Just for you Ben... pick a duck, any duck
    I choose the top one!!!!
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac View Post
    I choose the top one!!!!

WRONG DUCK. No prize for Spence

Roll up, Roll up. Have another go. Pick a lucky duck.

Biggles

Is it this one?
    There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    Is it this one?
    I sincerely hope it's not this one.

I'm not sure I'd like the taste.

arf!