Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Google suggests that “Anon-Shaw” were a 1960s London-based retailer of fishing tackle. Given the number even now of tackle shops that sell airguns, it’s quite possible that at some point they sold airguns under their own brand.

“FOREIGN” is in my experience usually encountered on 1950s/60s British imports of, er, foreign guns, often from Germany, used to try to avoid post-WW2 prejudice against buying goods marked as made by the former enemy.

Pics would be really helpful.

Until we adopted the EU standards in the early 1980s, British law states that imported guns must be marked 'Foreign' or some such marking as denotes their origin. The only exception to this rule was that of Germany. The law regarding Germany was specific in that all products from there had to be marked with their exact country of origin. The USA passed the same laws about the same time and they date from about the 1880s. Pre WWII German guns will be marked 'Made in Germany'. Post war guns will be marked either 'Made in West Germany' or 'Made in the GDR'

I very much doubt whether anyone has seen an official import German gun simply marked 'Foreign'

My experience is that a 'Foreign' marked gun from about the 1960s will be usually a Slavia or a Relum. Vary rarely Spanish