Thread: Any info on a sharp innova pre-charge conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the images Kev,, Thats one of the rifles mate,The other sharp innova didnt have a tube underneath but a stepped block similar to the pic that went over the small piece of pumping tube that was left protruding from the block. Used a theoben sized 200cc bottle and there was also a co2 version..
    There was a valve on the ace one we had in but you had to fire and quickly push the trigger forward to stop the surge of air,, Very dodgy and as Mr Jones said nobody wanted to test them in a shop full of customers, There was actually a kit or the full rifle you could buy from the mags,, Very short lived and not many have passed through my hands over the years. Dont remember the exact workings of the valve after 30 yrs i`m afraid or who was the brainless boffin behind them but i didnt hear of any accidents, Worked out quite expensive in the day as the sharp innova alone was in the £40.00 - £50.00 bracket, Hope someone has a copy of the mag somewhere to refresh our memories.. I did have images of the workings put on an old computer Years ago, Still probably have the hard drive somewhere, There where no commercial pc`s in those days, We only upgraded to a pc for stock control at the latter end of the 1980s.
    I believe Lawrie Amatruda ended up with my co2 sharp innova and is still on the Vintage airgun gallery.
    Worked on pretty much the same principle,, Back in 1980's there was a coversion kit for the Sharp from Keens guns in Bridgend, Around £200.00.

Pics for Ped...
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....wrie-amatruda/
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....1-sharp-innova

Maybe Lawrie is our next expert who can help.. Col.
    Last edited by colin g; 23-09-2020 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling