Thread: Can the ball catch on a underlever affect the POI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Maybe it is just the Diana 470 that is inferior? As Trumpetier said, the TX200 and HW77/97 are renowned for consistency. If it was an issue people would prefer one type of underlever catch over another on the HW77, but to my knowledge, nobody really seems to express a preference.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Maybe it is just the Diana 470 that is inferior? As Trumpetier said, the TX200 and HW77/97 are renowned for consistency. If it was an issue people would prefer one type of underlever catch over another on the HW77, but to my knowledge, nobody really seems to express a preference.
    The only thing is that the 470 has the best cocking lever ever no play at all and the linkage is spring closing at the breech and gives amazing fps consistency so not inferior, he is talking about the stress of the ball catch affecting the POI.

I bought a D46 quite a few years ago that had obviously seen a fair amount of use and the underlever lock up that you refer to had become a little weak (not a great design by Diana).
    Occasionally the underlever would drop out following firing and I subsequently purchased a strong rare earth mini magnet from a certain auction site and used a two part epoxy glue to attach this to the barrel. It works very effectively and the lever never drops out.
    I'm really unsure that this arrangement adds anything to the accuracy but doubt it. It does make for a far more positive lock up however.
    Dave