Thread: Jan McArthur passed away this morning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Thank you, one and all! These are wonderful messages, and I know that Jan would be - no, IS! - delighted and proud of your comments, and your words of encouragement.

As I read through these messages, I note many names I know very well. Some others, I know only slightly, or recall from having corresponded with in the past. Still others are new to me. But we are all part of a great fraternity that knows no national boundaries, and Jan and I are proud to be part of that fraternity.

Please pardon my rambling, but it gives me comfort to talk about Jan on a Forum. If you will forgive also what seems like a comical comparison, but one which just popped into my head a few minutes ago: Jan herself commented that I seemed to take comfort (and I did) from talking on an internet forum about the death of my beloved little dog Andy, back on 4 July 2001: just 6 months after Jan and I got married (6 January 2001).

Tomorrow, I will need to commence all the many things that families have to do when a loved one passes on. But I will be checking back from time to time, and keeping everyone updated.

Your friend,

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 19-07-2010 at 04:45 AM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone