Wow,

Nice to read that my first air rifle has such a good reputation, I too recently blew the dust off mine, It having resided with my Dad for a number of years. It's still in good nick mind, there was a little rust on the cylinder and on cleaning it off I removed a little patch of the blueing unfortunately, on further inspection I noticed the damage to the stock that was caused by the plastic and metal cocking linkage breaking, I promised myself that I would tidy that up 20 years ago, think I'll leave it as is to remind my self of the heart break I felt at the time (lasted for months).

It kept a couple of Ferrets fed over the years, I was up an hour before I left for school most days in the upstairs window shooting breakfast for them, best alarm clock my mother ever bought me! Neither ever accepted crows or magpies and I never offered them the rats!

This said about four years ago I had a place in the sticks and fed myself a number of times with rabbits and pigeons using it, but they where all taken at less than 20 yards.

I have been shooting it a little recently, since I bought a place with a 42 yard garden and compared to my HW98 it handles beautifully and feels lighter than it is, it's not as smooth in it's operation and no where near as powerful though.

I tested it on a chrono recently and from memory it was only producing 7 or 8 ftlb's,

-I would like to rebuild it and get it to 12, is this posible?
-How much would it cost to refinish the action?
-And can I make it as smooth as the HW?

I can't sell it, I'm sure that some of you understand! It would be really great if one day I could feel confident in it enough to take it out hunting again! I probably had to much confidence in it and myself as a child, coupled with slightly less compassion than I should have had, that said I was never cruel and always conscientious!

Any one got any guides to rebuilding and tuning it?

Cheers Luke