Thread: grandads old Relum air pistol

grandads old Relum air pistol

can anyone tell any info on these. this is not the actual gun but a picture I found on the net.the gun I have is the same but has a steel stock that slides in the back of the pistol.
    sorry can't get pic up
    Last edited by tugg; 31-10-2012 at 07:09 PM.

links not working buddy

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    can anyone tell any info on these. this is not the actual gun but a picture I found on the net.the gun I have is the same but has a
    file:///C:/Users/mandie's%20netbook/Downloads/relum%20pistol%202.jpgwire
    steel stock that slides in the back of the pistol.
    I think Ogilkes will be along soon as he is a Relum collector. I guess it is the Relum "Hurricane" pistol which is an underlever with a fold out breech on the side? Gamo copied this for the falcon and center. I have never actually had one of these pistols and always fancied having a look. Somebody I know had one as a kid and said the barrel came loose on his.
    It has got to be better than the "artex" pistol that followed it. I sent one of those to Ogilkes last year and that was a damn crappy pistol .
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I think Ogilkes will be along soon as he is a Relum collector. I guess it is the Relum "Hurricane" pistol which is an underlever with a fold out breech on the side? Gamo copied this for the falcon and center. I have never actually had one of these pistols and always fancied having a look. Somebody I know had one as a kid and said the barrel came loose on his.
    It has got to be better than the "artex" pistol that followed it. I sent one of those to Ogilkes last year and that was a damn crappy pistol .
    Yes I have one, .22 with the wire shoulder stock. I like it, its something unusuall. Got it of Gunstar, and it wasnt that expensive. They were sold through mail order catalouges of the day.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    The good old Hurricane. Made by FEG in Budapest, these underlever pistols were interesting, that's perhaps the best thing to say. Not entirely reliable, the underlever design and side loading port were nevertheless copied successfully by Gamo for their Center and Falcon pistols. A little on the clunky side, FEG used the same stock for an underlever pistol too, which later was restocked in plastic. Interesting to see what one can make of them. There were two versions, one with a steel shoulder stock and a straight forward pistol.

^ told you
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    ^ told you
    Spot on Guy! Cannot resist a Relum. The Artex remains rubbish, but it will actually fit in a Hurricane stock and looks like the wooden stocked version of this.

By the way, I still a have some rifles, whats the new address?

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Spot on Guy! Cannot resist a Relum. The Artex remains rubbish, but it will actually fit in a Hurricane stock and looks like the wooden stocked version of this.

By the way, I still a have some rifles, whats the new address?
    Pm Sent Ollie---still not sorted with a place yet.
    sure that Artex either had a bit missing (that pushed onto the cocking arm) or it is a really crappy design and it could do with something improvising--- Like a wheel or a bar.
    I had that bugger apart about 6 or 7 times, messing with various springs before i hit on the combination of it cocking without flipping the cocking arm out AND it.s mighty power level.
    If anyone has every had a broken airgun that they have never seen before and that you cannot find a parts diagram off/stripping guide, you are missing out on some fun.