Thread: MPL comp shooting - Place your rants here!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi phill ,i had the same problem with my .22 tempest ,in the end i felt that it was a little short of balance compared to the hurricane ;and to quote tescos every little counts especially when taming a kicker .another habit i have now got into is shooting three practise cards before the grouping tightens up enough to shoot the comp card.my last .22 card was spoilt somewhat by a new tendency to o so slightly snatch the trigger as i feel the moment to shoot is going off!!. a top notch pistol shooter will drop the arm and reset rather than chancing a flyer. my biggest improvement is now that when i knock out a flyer ,i can tell what caused it ;frustrating in itself but no where near as bad as staring at another wide with no idea what the cause was.
    i must admit to purchasing a compact and an hw45 for future comp use but i have learned a great deal from "bill and ben" my hurricanes and that untill i feel that i cant improve further i will stick with them.im pretty certain that the trigger pull is their main constraint judging by the amount of concentration required to balance grip against pull.you mention that you were considering the nemesis ;i was collecting them for a while and enjoy shooting them but found personally that the pull weight on the trigger a tad heavy and lacking in feed back ,this might well be me as i tend to stiffen my finger as i gradually pull in the trigger;i still feel that for the money the compact once run in is pound for pound serious value for money and certainly gave me my best scores .
    Last edited by red bob; 22-03-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,