Thread: Swap a Schofield for a Schofield ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nice solution Gareth, I have the distressed one I love it , but im having withdrawal symptons, mine is away with a friend whos making me some proper wooden grips for it.hope it comes back soon, I also have a blue colt saa45 ,I like it but not as much and the schofield3. enjoy yours my friend .

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz1 View Post

nice solution Gareth, I have the distressed one I love it , but im having withdrawal symptons, mine is away with a friend whos making me some proper wooden grips for it.hope it comes back soon, I also have a blue colt saa45 ,I like it but not as much and the schofield3. enjoy yours my friend .
    Thanks and will do. I also have an SAA 45, which I also like very very much indeed, but as you and I both seem to agree, the Schofield is King and as I adore my copper/coffee tinted nickel BB example, keeping it and buying it a distressed antique finish stable mate is defo the way ahead. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Thanks and will do. I also have an SAA 45, which I also like very very much indeed, but as you and I both seem to agree, the Schofield is King and as I adore my copper/coffee tinted nickel BB example, keeping it and buying it a distressed antique finish stable mate is defo the way ahead. Atb: G.
    Could you post a pic of your nickel Schofield. All the pics I've seen of it show it to be the grey steel finish like the DW 715. Copper/Coffee nickel sounds so much nicer & could easily lead to a bit of wallet loosening.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Could you post a pic of your nickel Schofield. All the pics I've seen of it show it to be the grey steel finish like the DW 715. Copper/Coffee nickel sounds so much nicer & could easily lead to a bit of wallet loosening.
    It is far far FAR removed from being a grey steel, trust me my friend, it is a beautiful coffee/copper tinted deep shine nickel with slightly off white/ivory grips ... Will see what I can do photo-wise.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    It is far far FAR removed from being a grey steel, trust me my friend, it is a beautiful coffee/copper tinted deep shine nickel with slightly off white/ivory grips ... Will see what I can do photo-wise.

Top man
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

I like Gareth’s lyricism but there isn’t much difference between the 715 finish and the Schofield.

That being said it is a great finish and I think the shiny Schofield is a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

I like Gareth’s lyricism but there isn’t much difference between the 715 finish and the Schofield.

That being said it is a great finish and I think the shiny Schofield is a cracker.
    Yep, sort of agree with me learned colleague, but there is a defo copper/coffee antique tinge to the nickel Schofield which sets it apart from the more silvery hue of the Dan Wessons (both cracking finishes btw ) ...