Thread: Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Geordie, I found that I really need to try any bullpup I'm considering in the shoulder for more than just a few minutes. A Wildcat II seemed fine in the shop so I bought it then found I couldn't get a comfortable head position or acceptable groups. I also got cramps in my hand from gripping the pistol grip too tightly trying to get the gun in the right position. A great pity as it was everything I wanted apart from that.

The Uragan Compact is much better for me so I'll be sticking with it. I believe there's a shipment from AGT due to arrive in a couple of weeks so there may be some Vulcans available then.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Geordie, I found that I really need to try any bullpup I'm considering in the shoulder for more than just a few minutes. A Wildcat II seemed fine in the shop so I bought it then found I couldn't get a comfortable head position or acceptable groups. I also got cramps in my hand from gripping the pistol grip too tightly trying to get the gun in the right position. A great pity as it was everything I wanted apart from that.

The Uragan Compact is much better for me so I'll be sticking with it. I believe there's a shipment from AGT due to arrive in a couple of weeks so there may be some Vulcans available then.
    Yes completely take your point and ideally I'd be up at either a dealers or local range to try and see a few in the flesh, but with the current plague situation I'm fairly resigned to taking a punt on a postal buy and then flipping it on if it doesn't agree with me...

Currently swaying towards the Vulcan 2 but would take that or a Matador if either came up for sale first, got the WTB up as I type

Quite typically I've just seen a .177 FX Wildcat in laminate for sale, does look rather nice but can't help but think the AGT/Edgun look a bit more solidly engineered

First world problems

Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

After reading all these problems with mulishot bullpups i'll stick to my titan mpt.Single shot guns are far more accurate in my experience anyway for hunting & i've always had my biggest bags with them when out rabbiting.I recon if i ever do get one it'd have to be a well sorted artemis, for the price these seem one of the best .

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post

If it didnt fit then it wasnt the right gun. Fit is on the top of my list everytime and I work down from there
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Still been sniffing around looking at PCP options, Vulcan 2 remains the favourite but while looking at the Edgun Matador I happened across the Lelya 2 - crikey it's a tiny little thing but reviews suggest still very accurate. Obviously ££ like the rest of the Edgun stuff but has anyone had any experiences with them?

The fact that it seems to be a bit of a one man band, and now a one man UK seller is a bit of a put off but the workmanship and stock quality seems to be top notch