View Poll Results: Which dates can you do in 2011?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16/17 Jul

2 22.22%
  • 6/7 Aug

7 77.78%

Thread: I went to Stoke Mandeville today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We need to tread a bit carefully here, chaps, because the people that own the building are helping the DTSGB in no small measure by letting them have it rent-free, and we've no wish to offend them. As is usual in charity situations, those that do contribute could, rightly, feel unfairly regarded if we go on a broad-based offensive.

For the time being, can we concentrate on assessing the situation on a practical level until we've met with the DTSGB and we truly know what's what.

That meeting is being sorted as we speak and once I know when it will take place, I'll be rounding up a posse!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

That meeting is being sorted as we speak and once I know when it will take place, I'll be rounding up a posse!
    Terry,

Got the horse saddled and ready, just give me a couple of days notice to
    book a day off work.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Another avenue you could look down for planning and labour is the Army Royal Engineers, this would be a good little project for a troop from a Construction Squadron...if they still have them.

They have all the gear

Nev

http://veteransinaction.org.uk My favourite Military Charity

http://nevsniggles.com Handyman Services

It needs a fighting fund account opening.

There are visitors coming to the site to read this thread, some of them might want to help.

http://www.the2012londonolympics.com...ead.php?t=8046

1st email back

Thank you for drawing this to my attention. Best wishes, Boris Johnson MP
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

As I said; I'm only about 7 minutes from the hospital, Tel. I'll be pleased to offer whatever skills I can offer. I did 3 years at college learning plastering, but I've also spent a total of about 5 years 'in the building' as a school leaver.

Awaiting your direction, Sir!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Awaiting your direction, Sir!
    You were seconded from the off, mush.

No name, no packdrill, nar'mean?

Orders will be forthcoming.

Told you it was gathering pace! Provisional inspection of the range requirements can take place this Saturday at 10.30 am.

Who among our professional tradesman types can make that time? Over to you.

maybe a sticky in the sales section 10 % to the fund if sellers want to support this ????

Born Again Guest
    I don't think I can supply any useful building materials, unless 1,000 tons of chestnut poles will help, but I am able to supply a decent computer if they need one.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    I honestly think we need people of various trades to go and assess the situation and make an inventory etc. I will try and womble as much electrical 'gear' as possible. Would you be able to give me a diagram of the building(s) etc. if you may Mr Doe?

Told you it was gathering pace! Provisional inspection of the range requirements can take place this Saturday at 10.30 am.

Who among our professional tradesman types can make that time? Over to you.
    I'll be there.

Terry, can you give me the entrance number and route to take to get there, mate? Give me a call if you want.

Ta.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

No, not just you, Stevie, although Im glad it's finished at last.

Here are some pictures that Rosie took of that night.xmas lights 1.JPGxmas lights 2.JPGxmas lights 3.JPG