Thread: Calling all you Warrior owners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a later one, with recurved trigger guard as well. The serial is a bit of a mystery, as the last digit looks like an 'e'. A stamp error probably.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I have a later one, with recurved trigger guard as well. The serial is a bit of a mystery, as the last digit looks like an 'e'. A stamp error probably.
    Hi Dutch, It is definitely a '6' as I have serial number 4160 with an identical stamp defect on the '6'.

Late to the party, but 6001 also has made in England stamped on the front of the grip

Well actually it has M[illegible]ENGLAND.

Edit: .177 Also blade rather than bead front sight
    Last edited by Jerry Cornelius; 01-01-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Late to the party, but 6001 also has made in England stamped on the front of the grip

Thanks Jerry. Duly noted in the list.

Jerry, wondered if your specimen had a screw adjacent to the trigger on the right hand side. My #5924 also has a blade front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Jerry, wondered if your specimen had a screw adjacent to the trigger on the right hand side. My #5924 also has a blade front sight.

I was reading about that on Danny’s site. No, it doesn’t.

I notice our blades are opposite ways round.

Also here is what remains of made in England, in case anyone is interested

Last edited by Jerry Cornelius; 02-01-2022 at 02:11 PM.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Hi Dutch, It is definitely a '6' as I have serial number 4160 with an identical stamp defect on the '6'.
    Ha, Thnx! Weird deviation though.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

Warrior up for Auction across the pond

See that there is a 3rd variant of the Warrior up for auction that has the side screw, blade front sight and is .22 caliber. It does not reference the serial number or Made in England stamping but I have an inquiry in to the auctioneer for this information. The auction ends on 16th January.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...65458#topoflot

' and the beaded foresi

See that there is a 3rd variant of the Warrior up for auction that has the side screw, blade front sight and is .22 caliber. It does not reference the serial number or Made in England stamping but I have an inquiry in to the auctioneer for this information. The auction ends on 16th January.

At first sight the trigger appears to be unlike 'standard' pistols; the rear sight blade seems to be taller, and the beaded foresight blade appears of a different design to others seen? I am dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    At first sight the trigger appears to be unlike 'standard' pistols; the rear sight blade seems to be taller, and the beaded foresight blade appears of a different design to others seen? I am dubious.
    Yes, there was another thread on this, we concluded it had had more work done than Joan Collins
    Morally flawed

Yes, there was another thread on this, we concluded it had had more work done than Joan Collins

Poor Joan Collins! I like the way she looks - I don't like the way this Warrior does though.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Poor Joan Collins! I like the way she looks - I don't like the way this Warrior does though.
    No. On the other hand it’s a .22 and if you got it for bobbins, you could improve it quite a lot. That trigger and rear sight could be replaced with something much closer to original with basic hand tools

You’d still have a warrior that had been messed about with though, but it would pass the time.

Mind you who knows what horrors like within
    Morally flawed

Although this gun has obviously been through the wars a bit and the rear sight and trigger replaced, the 'superfluous' screw on the r.h.s trigger housing is in exactly the same place as on Bruce's example, so it is almost certainly original to the gun and not a by-product of the trigger replacement. The blade front sight also looks similar. So I think it most likely that this gun is yet another example of the 'third series' of Warriors as you suggest. However, we really need the serial number to confirm this, so I hope you get a response from the seller.

John

Unfortunately the auctioneer never got back to me with the requested information. As such, I did the next best thing and bought the Warrior air pistol. It is serial #5902 on the backstrap and Made In England on the inside of the grip frame. Though it isn't in the best condition, the serial number does fit in the previously identified range for the Warrior 3rd variant.
    Last edited by Buck25; 03-02-2022 at 03:52 AM.