Thread: Aldi Bargins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Humans eat meat, so there being 8.1Bn people slaughter of animals for food is done on an industrial scale. Finality for farmed animals is going to happen as their very reason to exist is as food. The wild animal bounty is hunted or fished.
    The only question is how that end is carried out. How humanely done?
    The natural world is not so kind. Death comes from predation, disease, parasites, dehydration from lack of water, starvation, and rarely old age. Few are "humane".

The natural position for humans has always been as meat eaters. Even chimps eat meat. Humans that don't eat meat do it for religious or lifestyle reasons, though that may revert back in absolute survival situations. Being vegan/non meat eater is alternative to the natural way.

Some effort has gone into methods of industrial slaughter to be as humane as possible. There is a finality to life at that point. Just due to the pure volume there has to be some efficiency in the process. In Europe there is plenty of rules, regulation, policing, and investment, to be effective, which includes high levels of hygiene for human consumption. (I am an advocate of some of the smaller, more local, slaughter houses, that can have some of the highest animal welfare practices.) Some places in the world it is just more basic. And then where there is money some want to cut corners; which is a policing issue.

In a world of vegans there would not be any cows, sheep, pigs, or chickens. Nor many herbivores as they would be competing directly for our food. In fact there wouldn't be anything, including other predators. Humans don't tolerate competition well.
    The reason we allow them, farm them, conserve stocks of them, is because they taste good.

Bacon butties taste fantastic.

We humans are anything but humane a lot of the time.
    All farming is cruel. Crops are forced feed to grow and covered in masses of pesticides which soak into the food that we eat. Cruel on us as its poison.
    Insects birds and lots of other creatures are exterminated to protect our food.
    Natural habitats are destroyed for additional space to grow our food.
    We maybe cruel at times when growing meat for food, but mainly to the food itself.
    We are cruel to the natural world and wild animals when we grow veg, fruit, nuts and grains.
    The human being has not evolved in 10s of thousands of years and we are designed to eat fish, meat, fruit and veg. Not all one and not all the other.
    Balanced diet is key from proper responsible sources and not mass produced, over processed, factory food production.
    This is the way.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Humans eat meat, so there being 8.1Bn people slaughter of animals for food is done on an industrial scale. Finality for farmed animals is going to happen as their very reason to exist is as food. The wild animal bounty is hunted or fished.
    The only question is how that end is carried out. How humanely done?
    The natural world is not so kind. Death comes from predation, disease, parasites, dehydration from lack of water, starvation, and rarely old age. Few are "humane".

The natural position for humans has always been as meat eaters. Even chimps eat meat. Humans that don't eat meat do it for religious or lifestyle reasons, though that may revert back in absolute survival situations. Being vegan/non meat eater is alternative to the natural way.

Some effort has gone into methods of industrial slaughter to be as humane as possible. There is a finality to life at that point. Just due to the pure volume there has to be some efficiency in the process. In Europe there is plenty of rules, regulation, policing, and investment, to be effective, which includes high levels of hygiene for human consumption. (I am an advocate of some of the smaller, more local, slaughter houses, that can have some of the highest animal welfare practices.) Some places in the world it is just more basic. And then where there is money some want to cut corners; which is a policing issue.

In a world of vegans there would not be any cows, sheep, pigs, or chickens. Nor many herbivores as they would be competing directly for our food. In fact there wouldn't be anything, including other predators. Humans don't tolerate competition well.
    The reason we allow them, farm them, conserve stocks of them, is because they taste good.

Bacon butties taste fantastic.
    Thanks for your and gsxrman's views, even though they are misinformed

I think that you both make the first point that it's natural to eat meat because we have been doing it for 10's of thousands of years but surly we have been trying to get away from being natural like wild savages just surviving only living for a few years, here in the west we no longer have to do things that we as humans find cruel unless it's a survival situation, there is one other thing the human cost to working in a Slauter house these days the workers get mental illness on drugs and drink check this out

https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/31/how-k...tised-7175087/

gsxrman seems to think that crops and other plant base food use more land than billions of animals when in fact it uses massively more including more pesticides what do you think they all eat grass check out these facts

https://ourworldindata.org/land-use-diets

As for there would be no pigs/chickens/sheep we all know it won't happen overnight, my son and his wife have a big sheep farm and I would think it would be a slow process to change over.
    Even I am surprised how much of the world is going vegan in may 2021 China got a vegan society Russa has vegan options in the restaurants and the it's same all over the world.

Why do you guys think that we can't be healthy on plant-based food when there has been so much independent research all over the world including Oxford university.

Nature might be cruel but I don't think you guys are and I think most of the public would be shocked to see the pignorant film.