Thread: El Gamo CFX Royal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No probs Silo! Welcome to mainly Limey AirgunBBS! The guys on here have a lot of experience and knowledge which they share freely. I'm sure that for anything you need to know, someone here will have the answer.
    You could also take a look at www.gatewaytoairguns.com
    It's also a good forum, run by your countrymen; less active than this one, but plenty of good information and advice nontheless. There's a section specially for Gamos.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Silo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    No probs Silo! Welcome to mainly Limey AirgunBBS! The guys on here have a lot of experience and knowledge which they share freely. I'm sure that for anything you need to know, someone here will have the answer.
    You could also take a look at www.gatewaytoairguns.com
    It's also a good forum, run by your countrymen; less active than this one, but plenty of good information and advice nontheless. There's a section specially for Gamos.
    Thanks again, good site like you said. I'm a bit of a "half breed" I grew up in
    South Africa and married an English (North Yorkshire) lass and came to live
    in the USA about 12 years ago.... So I find reading real English refreshing

Silo Guest
    derekm, one question I do have is, how do you get the rubber inserts out
    to get to the stock screws without damaging them?
    I can replace the whole stock for $29 US so it's not the end of the world,
    but I'd like to learn how to do it correctly.
    Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks.

Silo,
    The CFX Royal with the wooden stock does not have the rubber inserts, but I think you simply pry them out carefully with a very small screwdriver.
    Drop a mail to Rich from Mich http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin...ml/default.htm
    He will be able to tell you precisely, as he works on your version all the time.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,

Silo Guest
    Thanks Derek,
    I contacted him today, I might just send him the whole rifle and let him
    do his magic with it.
    I'll just have to get it past the boss ...... which might take a wine and dine
    on Friday night

Slight thread drift I have a 20 year old Gamo cadet owned from new, a bit down on power maybe (memory could be fooling me!) but it's all still ok despite not having had a moments tender loving care!
    1980-something Gamo Cadet .177 (removes skin from rice pudding...just)
    2006-SMK Cheapy Underlever .177 (Realtree'd with cheapy scope)
    200?-AAS200 .22 w. 3x9x40
    200?-BSA Lightning w. Nikko SC 3x9x40 .22 w. Gas Ram (best all rounder ever?)
    2006- Walther Redhawks .177 (2)
    2005-Daystate Mk3 deluxe .177 w. hawke 6.5x20x50
    1970-Diana G34 .22 For sale!

I don't doubt your Gamo is still OK. Maybe they would be more popular in the UK if they cost more! Just look at the £80+ jeans on the market. Jeans = workclothes (originally).