Thread: Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The latest version of the K1 looks to be pretty good in fastfire mode if the AoA video on youtube is anything to go by. The latest version is GEN 5 and that is the one they reviewed and the one I've used. The youtube video done by Matt comparing the FX Impact with the Huben certainly doesn't use the latest version of the Huben . I'm certainly not claiming that the Huben is better than the FX Impact because I don't think it is. My friend who owns both certainly prefers the FX.
    My basic problem with the Steyr is simply the price. I cannot get my head around an air rifle in current production costing over £2500 when I could buy an Edgun Matador R5M-which to me is the very best bullpup on the market- for about a grand less. OK if you MUST have a semi auto/self indexing rifle then your choice is very limited especially if you are restricted to 12 ft lb.
    The fixed mag might be a problem when you have it loaded with 19 x .177cal pellets.most ranges prefer single shot or at least removable mags. But i do like the price compared to the styer. Do they do a 12ftlb version? How many shots per fill in . 177cal in 12ftlb if they do one?
    Last edited by WILBA; 01-07-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    The fixed mag might be a problem when you have it loaded with 19 x .177cal pellets.most ranges prefer single shot or at least removable mags. But i do like the price compared to the styer. Do they do a 12ftlb version? How many shots per fill in . 177cal in 12ftlb if they do one?
    Not available in .177 and yes they can be bought at 12ft lbs from Europe
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Not available in .177 and yes they can be bought at 12ft lbs from Europe
    Any link to where i can buy the 12ftlb version?. Wonder what the shot count is on a 12ftlb. 22cal version?

Any link to where i can buy the 12ftlb version?. Wonder what the shot count is on a 12ftlb. 22cal version?
    The usual place to start is Airgun Heaven in the Netherlands. Personally I wouldn't even consider a 12 ft lb version and I'd be surprised if anyone does it. Also my information says it is available in .22 and .25 but that may change.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Had loads of dealings with Joost at airgun heaven spot on bloke really good service!!! Have a leshiy 2 on order with him which I am itching to get

The usual place to start is Airgun Heaven in the Netherlands. Personally I wouldn't even consider a 12 ft lb version and I'd be surprised if anyone does it. Also my information says it is available in .22 and .25 but that may change.
    Do you pay duty this end or his end when importing from holland?

Why not concider a 12ftlb version?

No import duty and delivers straight to your door!!!

Back on the Steyr subject, a chap on another board has just posted a 10 shot quick fired group from 55m that looked to be about the size of a 50p - Ive asked if he can do the same but with deliberate aim as well to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    No import duty and delivers straight to your door!!!
    This is true but will almost certainly end on 31st December 2020 unless the UK has done a comprehensive deal with the EU which looks incredibly unlikely.

Why not concider a 12ftlb version?
    Up to you but I'm not sure of how it would work. I'm pretty sure that the alterations needed would make the Huben a waste of effort and would cost a lot of money. Don't forget that hammerless air rifles are using air to open the valve. It is a different system. Anyway if you do get a quote for a 12 ft lb Huben I'd be interested in knowing the price!!