Thread: Spring gun revival (again.....)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Just a thought, "to play devils advocate" regarding kill (target) sizes; and in the past targets being bigger that entailed better scores. EG, the shooting ability was inferier to todays shooters. Using Springers.
    I would propose that the skill level was as good as (and in my experience with shooters through the 80's and 90's) overall better.
    Sizes... How do you shoot to achieve a range card?or what are your expectations!
    Do you set out to form a group of 1inch,2inch or more finding the centre of the group to make it the reference at that paticular distance!
    At Markyate in the 80's( I know going back like a Tardis) and what I do today with springers and pcp's, is pick out a pellet mark and shoot to hit or clover leaf it from marks 8 to 55 yds. We did that as did D. Welham and T. Doe etc.
    Clover leafing at 50/55yds was common and fun.
    NOW if you can shoot pellet marks during range carding why would it be difficult hitting larger targets .After all a 15mm or 35mm kill is a lot bigger than a pellet splash.(Not much changes)
    So why the difficulty and frightening aspec of a set course? you just proved you can shoot smaller items. Is it a skill thing?
    One gun is easier to shoot and be comfortable with it,and another needs constant adjustments but is accurate but needs more applied skill.
    That is shooting a 'live' springer.
    HERX77 .
    Last edited by Herx77; 12-02-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.