Thread: Ultrasonic cleaners

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seaclean is amazing stuff mate! 1 capful and brass comes out properly clean. My US has just stopped working so I'm going to buy a larger one with a timer etc on

Quote Originally Posted by dannywayoflife View Post
    Seaclean is amazing stuff mate! 1 capful and brass comes out properly clean. My US has just stopped working so I'm going to buy a larger one with a timer etc on
    Yeah I must order some from Maplins, each time I go in they say they need to order it into the store so I may as well get it delivered to me! That cleaner I have got is pretty good, will get a rock tumbler at some point, at the moment a couple of goes through the US cleaner coupled with quick wipe with 0000 wire wool whilst the case is in the pillar drill being trimmed with the lee trimmer and they're good enough for me!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Yeah I must order some from Maplins, each time I go in they say they need to order it into the store so I may as well get it delivered to me! That cleaner I have got is pretty good, will get a rock tumbler at some point, at the moment a couple of goes through the US cleaner coupled with quick wipe with 0000 wire wool whilst the case is in the pillar drill being trimmed with the lee trimmer and they're good enough for me!
    Scott, the plastic pads you can buy for bodywork, work very well and are easier on the hands.
    like Danny I use a cap or so of seaclean and I fill from the kettle so no waiting for the heater to work (just as well, mine hasn't got a heater )
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Scott, the plastic pads you can buy for bodywork, work very well and are easier on the hands.
    like Danny I use a cap or so of seaclean and I fill from the kettle so no waiting for the heater to work (just as well, mine hasn't got a heater )
    The heater seemed like a good idea as I load in my shed come workshop which is 100 yards from the hot tap / kettle. Didn't know about the waiting 40 mins though, they didn't mention it in the ad .

Good shout on the pad, only reason I tried the wool is I had it there from finishing a laminate stock!
    Thanks for looking