That's perfect Ian, we coach elite rifle shooters, but the technique is still the same with pistol, and we say its 40 or 60 individual shots, 60 individual matches. What has gone, has gone, until you can find a way to return the shot and heal the hole, just forget it, move on emotionless, and start the process to build the next perfect shot.

But, follow through is a critical aspect, a good technique is to concentrate on the follow through "with" the shot and concentrate on getting the follow through as tight as possible, maintain the aim and the hold.

I had a coaching master class from "probably" the top coach in the world when he was coaching my wife, using life fire and a Scatt, he said, "I care not a jot where the shot goes, but I want to see a tight follow through (red trace) on the scatt". Her hold visibly tightened! What he had done was take the "stress" out of the shot, but of course you can't have a tight hold on the follow through with out one before, so it was a form of brain tricking.

Its a technique I use a lot now.

Have Fun.