Thread: Crosman 600 finish?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tried one of mine in various colours even gold. Still think satin black or Nickel plate suits it best...

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/Fs2SFCx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YYHS9rl.jpg
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 16-12-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Add pic
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Oh gawd now you have gone and bin an done it Baz, now I have got 3 choices, decisions, decisions. I must say that nickle one looks gorgeous. HELP. What do I do now? I have a feeling that I will have to try all 3.
    Thanks Baz.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

It’s chrome with custom walnut grips.
    And resides in another part of Christchurch !

Yes, gingernuts is finished in gawdy chrome, like my gawdy gold (though I would like to own it), so its the only one I had a pic of. Could not find a 600 plated in lovely gold tinged Nickel.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 17-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Not being a fan of 'Bling' myself, I would still go for black.
    I used to own an Astra in 'Midnight Black' which appeared to me to be as black as a black thing, without a trace of brown.
    I used Halfords version of this paint on several non gun items, and was well satisfied with the finish, so there's another thought for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Tried one of mine in various colours even gold. Still think satin black or Nickel plate suits it best...

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/Fs2SFCx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YYHS9rl.jpg

Hi Baz,

Where did you get the walnut grips?
    Them's the final parts I want on my 600:
    http://www.southover.org/20170316112124.jpg

And then a repaint in gloss black as it's a mk 1 although I prefer the satin personally. Smoothrite?

n.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

The plated one belongs to gingernut on here, think pistol had the grips when he bought it. The grey grips on mine came off my 677 as they are the standard colour on the .177 variant.

Baz

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    There are some American walnut 600 grips being sold on the bay, around £55 and shipped from the US though... i was tempted, but a bit too rich for me...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    There are some American walnut 600 grips being sold on the bay, around £55 and shipped from the US though... i was tempted, but a bit too rich for me...

Ooh. Thanks for that. I might just treat meself to a late Christmas present. I reckon it would cost the same to make/commission a set this side of the pond.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    Ooh. Thanks for that. I might just treat meself to a late Christmas present. I reckon it would cost the same to make/commission a set this side of the pond.
    I'm tempted by a set of those, I've seen the seller doing them in grey laminate, lovely blue /grey laminate and red/grey laminate.
    Think he'll do it other colours, just have to message him.

Also how did you fit the silencer on yours?

I imagine the grips are by Vern Austin and his work is highly regarded
    as to repainting a 600 when I did one of my Mk1's I stripped it with cellulose thinners /gun wash and then acid etch'd it and them used a gloss caliper paint baking it in the oven when no one was in
    I'm told duracote works well by a mate in the US who restores quite a few older crosmans

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I'm tempted by a set of those, I've seen the seller doing them in grey laminate, lovely blue /grey laminate and red/grey laminate.
    Think he'll do it other colours, just have to message him.

Also how did you fit the silencer on yours?

A BBS member sold me a BSA barrel that then went to Nick at Magic9 to be shortened and a unf thread adapter fitted.
    Cost about £50 all in as I recall.

The scope rail is I found on Amazon, with an extra long baŕrel grub screw & nut at the front. The rear fixing uses the rearsite screw. I have extras should anyone wish to do the same.
    TTFN
    N.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    yeah, you are probably right...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.