Thread: Is there room for CO2 in target/competition pistol shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Is it advisable to remove the CO2 cylinder when the pistol is not in use /overnight, I have a FWB C25 ?
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Is it advisable to remove the CO2 cylinder when the pistol is not in use /overnight, I have a FWB C25 ?
    I have never done so,the instruction book makes no mention of it, and the factory box is shaped to keep the cylinder on with a space to store one spare, so I would say no.
    Enjoy your pistol
    Peter

Many thanks Peter, yes, as you say there is no mention of it in the instruction book. Enjoying shooting it and refilling CO2 is very easy.
    Regards Dave.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Most of the club shooters I know screw the replenished cylinder onto the pistol, but not enough to tighten it fully until it is used next - especially if the gun is not going to be used for some time.

Some also unscrew the cylinder a little at the end of the days shooting to put the pressure back onto the cylinders own valve and not the pistol valve. This will give a very slight loss of gas as the cylinder disconnects from the weapon - but nothing to worry about..

Shooting on a regular basis I think it probably makes no difference, but when a gun is to be left unused for several weeks some CO2 loss has been noticed and this can be reduced or avoided by not having the cylinder fully tightened as descibed above.

It is also worth noting that there is no need to overtighten the CO2 cylinder to the weapon - just enough for the valve to open and for the pistol to work OK.

My advice when shooting is to fully tighten the cylinder initially by hand ( not using any overdue force) and then back it off by a half turn or so to avoid any problems with the cylinder becoming difficult to remove later. Also, a very small dab of the Feinwerkbau grease on the CO2 cylinder thread every now and again works wonders by keeping everything working smoothly.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Excellent info, many thanks zooma.

This will give a very slight loss of gas as the cylinder disconnects from the weapon - but nothing to worry about..
    only a little global warming
    regards
    Dave
    Evo 10 Compact.