Thread: What to do with a FWB Sport 124

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The HW35 was is a way better gun more accurate better built and when the hw80 arrived the sport was no more it just was not as good as the HW guns

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I had an HW35 as well, It was heavy & agricultural compared to the Fwb, It expired when the cocking arm wore tramlines inside the cylinder & jumped the piston. Not for me.

HW's should come with a wheelbarrow.
    Who uses open sights when you can have an Optima scope?

Sure 30 years on we have seen progress but in the early 1980's the Sport was "it".

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    The HW35 was is a way better gun more accurate better built and when the hw80 arrived the sport was no more it just was not as good as the HW guns
    When the HW80 arrived, sure many people bought it for the power as lots were over the limit, but it didn't drive the FWB Sport off the top of the Field Target prize lists. The Sport was only knocked off top spot by the HW77.

The HW35 was at the time my preference as the trigger is nicer, but the Sport always had the edge in accuracy. The Sport is more fragile than the 35 but you just need to keep an eye on the weak points (trigger, breech lock-up), and fix as necessary.