Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
Not sure what it is your asking or what "calibration" you mean ?

The hold over is whatever chairgun says for the scope mag you select, the only time you need "true" is if you're trying to use the dots to range find & if it's "true" at 10x you can range find on a 3-9x at 5x using twice the number of dots.

Purely for ease of maths I like to keep mil dots metric so at "true" 1 dot is 1m at 1000m, 10cm at 100m or 1cm at 10m.

At half true (5x on a 10x true scope) 2 dots would be 1m at 1000m, 10cm at 100m or 1cm at 10m.
I'm trying to find out what magnification Nikko sterling set there mil dots to be true at with the sfp 3-9 panamax scope. This is so I can use the chair gun to predict pellet drop on any mag. So say I'm on 3x mag and I want to see what hold over I need for a 5yrd shot chairgun will tell me. Chairgun has a "generic mil dot" Ret option that allows you to calibrate where in your mag range the mil dots are true, this is the calibration im talking about
Thanks for the reply though as I was trying to figure out how I was going to measure it if it was a 10x mil dot on a 9mag scope and now I can! IL put a meter rule at 50m and wind the mag back to 5 and see if it is 1 mil dot high.. if not I'll go further to 4.5 and see if that fits.
Thanks for the info
Rhys