Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
Tony correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the 28mm cylinder size of the Challenger is the same as the Supersport (Merc, Superstar and Airsporter as well), are you getting confused with Project 'Cock which is 25mm?

Totally agree with you about the Challenger being more graceful, sorry mate but I'm not quite sure about piston removal as I've never done it on a Supersport, I've only ever owned a couple of Lightnings and I never opened them up, I've opened a Superstar up (same procedure as a Supersport) but never took the piston out because of the Maxigrip, if you need opening up advice I can help with that.

Pete
Cheers, Pete. I didn't know the piston size for sure, I was just guessing, but it surprises me that he guns you mention all share the same diameter piston. Every day's a school day!

Stripping down won't be an issue, Pete. As mentioned earlier, I stripped that one of mine many years ago and remember that it was very easy. I even still have the tube with the cut-out to compress the spring to clear the retaining pin - it came with a spring compressor many moons ago.

I just couldn't remember if you could remove said piston without removing the sear / trigger.

I also did the Challenger. Not as bad as one would think, but really can't see why they went to the trouble of going down the Maxigrip rail route.