Thread: Rapid 7 pros and cons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_h View Post
    Yes, another downside is that every part seems to be subject to change and inconsistency from factory spec. Having just found my mk2 block is missing some machining inside......
    You get the impression there are a few "parts bin" rifles out there from factory.

But it does have the anschutz trigger so I'll forgive it.
    what machining is missing
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    what machining is missing
    kevG
    Nothing overly major. I was wondering why I couldn't get the valve port/ grub screw hole to line up where they should, the valve just wouldn't push in far enough. Turns out unlike most (or so I thought but I'd stand corrected) mk2's mine doesn't have the recess for the oring (the small one on the valve tail).

Which isn't the end of the world, I'm guessing I can just remove that oring from the valve and It might seal anyway.

It's not sealing. Yet. Although that was trying to fill from empty via the quickfill. I'm going to try tonight filling the bottle then screwing it on to see if a good blast of air will seat everything a bit better.

Edited just to say that screwing on a pressurised bottle did the trick and all is well once more!
    Last edited by jon_h; 25-09-2017 at 05:27 PM.