Thread: Help choosin pellets for my Tau 7 please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Sorry you seemed to ask a question of me in that post so I explained why the best I could here's your question.
    I would ask why you are wasting your time with a Tau 7 and not using a Steyr Evo 10e.

I'm confused I thought it was a question
    The full sentence read "If you take the logic of the other posters to the extreme, I would ask..."

Note the word "if". It's not a question, but a logical proposition. He is explaining that you don't need to use top grade everything at first, because your margin for error exceeds that of the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    The full sentence read "If you take the logic of the other posters to the extreme, I would ask..."

Note the word "if". It's not a question, but a logical proposition. He is explaining that you don't need to use top grade everything at first, because your margin for error exceeds that of the kit.

Thanks for your reply makes sense now taking in that context
    Hope he doe's not think I'm being rude as I never ment to come over that way
    I went to the club tonight and did a very small amount of pellet testing and to my surprise this session ended with a clear winner a round head called Falcon
    Shot at 10meter rested not clamped
    The holes were not as crisp as a flat head but more of a clover leaf weird or what lots to learn don't you just love it
    From Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero58 View Post
    Thanks for your reply makes sense now taking in that context
    Hope he doe's not think I'm being rude as I never ment to come over that way
    I went to the club tonight and did a very small amount of pellet testing and to my surprise this session ended with a clear winner a round head called Falcon
    Shot at 10meter rested not clamped
    The holes were not as crisp as a flat head but more of a clover leaf weird or what lots to learn don't you just love it
    From Frank
    The only problem is that the majority of competitive 10m air pistol shooting is conducted under NSRA Rules:

9.2.6 Air pistol pellets. Only flat headed projectiles made of lead or similar soft material are permitted.
    Rutty

Frank,

The Falcon Accuracy Plus domed pellets are made by JSB, and are essentially the same as JSB RS.

The JSB Express are another dome-headed pellet you might want to try.

In my Tau 7, the JSB Match 'Greens' (7.33 gr.) give the best groups, but each pistol has its own preferences.

The only way to find the preference is to test.

(As an aside, I get ca. 470 fps in my Tau 7 with JSB RS - I get around 60 to 70 shots per CO2 caplet with the JSB Greens & RS)

Enjoy shooting your Tau 7 - I think they are lovely pistols

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 21-10-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Frank,

The Falcon Accuracy Plus domed pellets are made by JSB, and are essentially the same as JSB RS.

The JSB Express are another dome-headed pellet you might want to try.

In my Tau 7, the JSB Match 'Greens' (7.33 gr.) give the best groups, but each pistol has its own preferences.

The only way to find the preference is to test.

(As an aside, I get ca. 470 fps in my Tau 7 with JSB RS - I get around 60 to 70 shots per CO2 caplet with the JSB Greens & RS)

Enjoy shooting your Tau 7 - I think they are lovely pistols

Best regards

Russ
    Hi Russ
    I agree with what you are saying test test and more testing
    Just a novice question for you when testing and pistol is clamped down to take me and any of my wobbles out of the piture.
    I would like to do competition at 5meters 10meter and 15 meters would I need to set a testing target at each range or just one target at the advg range of the 3 combined.???
    My pistol as been chronograph at a advg of 475fps
    With 7.00grn pellets thanks in advance.
    The weather here is stormy and very windy will need to get under cover for this testing sheds looking good
    Now where's my heater
    My best regards Frank
    B.S.A.R Member

Frank,

I would suggest starting the testing at 15 meters.

I would think that the pellet that grouped best at 15 meters, would also be the best at 5 & 10 meters.

As an aside, I have shot groups with the dome-head 'field' pellets that were equally good as the flat-head 'match' pellets at ranges up to 20 meters.

At ranges beyond 20 meters, I use dome-heads (JSB Express) as they hold their velocity better.

Best regards

Rus

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    At ranges beyond 20 meters, I use dome-heads (JSB Express) as they hold their velocity better.
    Rus

At ranges beyond 20m I use a rifle and EVERYTHING is better

ATB
    Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    The only problem is that the majority of competitive 10m air pistol shooting is conducted under NSRA Rules:

Rutty
    Hi Rutty

I'm hear to learn and learn I will thanks for your informative post.
    How strange you find the perfect pellet but you can't use it in most competitive competitions.
    Not to be thwarted I have a cunning plan the jsb green were good and so were the R10s I'll do what Donold did clamp my gun down and shoot some of each for groups then that will be aliminating the idiot behind the pistol ME
    Thanks for your post From frank
    B.S.A.R Member