Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Calling all you Warrior owners

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Yes, there was another thread on this, we concluded it had had more work done than Joan Collins

Poor Joan Collins! I like the way she looks - I don't like the way this Warrior does though.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Poor Joan Collins! I like the way she looks - I don't like the way this Warrior does though.
    No. On the other hand it’s a .22 and if you got it for bobbins, you could improve it quite a lot. That trigger and rear sight could be replaced with something much closer to original with basic hand tools

You’d still have a warrior that had been messed about with though, but it would pass the time.

Mind you who knows what horrors like within
    Morally flawed

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    See that there is a 3rd variant of the Warrior up for auction that has the side screw, blade front sight and is .22 caliber. It does not reference the serial number or Made in England stamping but I have an inquiry in to the auctioneer for this information. The auction ends on 16th January.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...65458#topoflot
    Although this gun has obviously been through the wars a bit and the rear sight and trigger replaced, the 'superfluous' screw on the r.h.s trigger housing is in exactly the same place as on Bruce's example, so it is almost certainly original to the gun and not a by-product of the trigger replacement. The blade front sight also looks similar. So I think it most likely that this gun is yet another example of the 'third series' of Warriors as you suggest. However, we really need the serial number to confirm this, so I hope you get a response from the seller.

John

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    That is excellent fodder for my list, although it does complicate things a bit! It will now be the second highest known serial number. Just one question before I include it, could you tell me the calibre?

Thanks,
    John
    Should of added that it is a 177

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar guns View Post
    Should of added that it is a 177
    Prewar Guns>: Sorry to be a pain again, but I was just finalising the list to put it up on the forum, when I realised that there was still a bit of important data about your pistol needed:
    Does your gun have the extra screw on the right hand side? (See post 76 above).

Chris: Could I ask you the same question about your serial number 6051, although I think I know what the answer will be.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by ccdjg; 10-01-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Prewar Guns>: Sorry to be a pain again, but I was just finalising the list to put it up on the forum, when I realised that there was still a bit of important data about your pistol needed:
    Does your gun have the extra screw on the right hand side? (See post 76 above).

Chris: Could I ask you the same question about your serial number 6051, although I think I know what the answer will be.

Thanks,
    John

As you surmise 6051 is devoid of the extra screw. I may have missed it elsewhere, but do we know the function that screw performs?

As you surmise 6051 is devoid of the extra screw. I may have missed it elsewhere, but do we know the function that screw performs?
    Thanks Chris. I have discussed the 'superfluous screw' with Bruce, who first discovered this modification, and the most likely explanation was that it was an abandoned intention to fit the pistol with a safety, which occurred just before the decision was taken to end production. Faced with a batch of guns with drilled frames, the easiest thing to do would be to close the hole with a screw.

Could the screw be a simple trigger adjustment? A minor modification to the back of the trigger and a screw with a tapered point in about this position would restrict the trigger movement and allow the sear engagement to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by rGunn View Post
    Could the screw be a simple trigger adjustment? A minor modification to the back of the trigger and a screw with a tapered point in about this position would restrict the trigger movement and allow the sear engagement to be adjusted.
    Yes that would be an equally valid suggestion Matt, and I can see how it could easily be made to work. It would be interesting though, as I don't think I have ever come across a trigger adjuster on the side of a gun before.

Yes that would be an equally valid suggestion Matt, and I can see how it could easily be made to work. It would be interesting though, as I don't think I have ever come across a trigger adjuster on the side of a gun before.
    Not 'home' made' then? Would Accles & Shelvoke have produced such a clumsy solution to a thread they had at the last minute not decided to use? Hmmm

Not 'home' made' then? Would Accles & Shelvoke have produced such a clumsy solution to a thread they had at the last minute not decided to use? Hmmm
    As we now know of five examples with this screw, all in identical positions, I think we can safely say that it is not a home-made curiosity. It is a crude fix, but I imagine when a product is coming to the end of its natural lifespan and is about to be axed, the manufacturer will use up all available parts and not be too bothered about finesse. I suspect that may be why your last model had a different front sight to previous late serial numbered guns.

I have finalised my serial number list as best I can (but like all lists, it will need periodic updating), and it makes interesting reading, but also begs quite a few questions as well. As this thread has been quite long and convoluted, and the list includes a lot more than trigger guard data (the original posted request), I thought it best to put the list up as a separate thread.
    https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...hlight=warrior
    Last edited by ccdjg; 03-02-2022 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    See that there is a 3rd variant of the Warrior up for auction that has the side screw, blade front sight and is .22 caliber. It does not reference the serial number or Made in England stamping but I have an inquiry in to the auctioneer for this information. The auction ends on 16th January.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...65458#topoflot
    Unfortunately the auctioneer never got back to me with the requested information. As such, I did the next best thing and bought the Warrior air pistol. It is serial #5902 on the backstrap and Made In England on the inside of the grip frame. Though it isn't in the best condition, the serial number does fit in the previously identified range for the Warrior 3rd variant.
    Last edited by Buck25; 03-02-2022 at 03:52 AM.

I have 2 one of the numbers is 2690A, the other is 3211, I have another which I believe is beyond repair, it has no number but has a very small trace of nickel plating.

Cheers, Lawrie.

Thanks Bruce and Lawrie for the additional data. I will be updating the list (Which is here, as I noticed I put the wrong link in previously: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...hlight=warrior)

Lawrie could you tell me what sort of trigger guards your two serial numbered guns have, and their calibres please?

I have never heard of a Warrior with a letter suffix to the serial number, so I wonder what the 'A' means? I suppose if two guns were accidentally stamped with the same serial number, adding the extra letter would be the easiest way to remedy the situation.
    Last edited by ccdjg; 03-02-2022 at 10:18 AM.